PDA

View Full Version : ATS Overhead mounting adapter

denverdale
06-28-2005, 16:00
Just received my edge juice with attitude and the ATS overhead mounting adapter. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I wondered how any of you installed the ATS adapter. Did it come with installation instructions originially? I would appreciate any and all comments and advise. Oh, by the way, I will be installing this in a 2002 ext cab, short bed with center console.

Thanks
DenverDale

More Power
06-29-2005, 08:36
I photographed the ATS billet aluminum Attitude overhead mounting adapter for an upcoming article on gauges. I don't remember seeing the instructions, but either your gauge dealer or the ATS web site www.atsdiesel.com (http://www.atsdiesel.com) should have more info.

MP

sabercatt
06-29-2005, 09:06
I decided against the upper mounting location. I mounted it down in the console within easy reach of my right hand. Just thought id pass along my idea. Took about 5 min to install. I removed the rubber pad and drilled out the left hole just big enough to get the plug through. The attitude monitor is a friction fit and fits TIGHT. The stock rubber pad hole was in the correct location and the shape of the console storage is tapered to match the attitude. Ran the wire down through the dash, out the door and under the hood. Easy to remove when i take in for service! Best of all it cost me nothing to do. Id post a pic if i could figure out how.

More Power
06-29-2005, 09:59
Another possibility.... Edge also sells a slick Attitude mount that fits against the windshield between the rear view mirror mount and the headliner. I'll be installing one of these later today. These are made from the same sort of paint-to-match plastic that the gauge pods are.

I removed the Attitude from the dash, and will be installing a 2-gauge A-pillar pod (EGT/Boost) - also later today. smile.gif

MP

denverdale
06-29-2005, 11:03
Thanks for the help. I was able to contact ATS Diesel Performance and they have the instructions on their web site. By the time I get the Attitude, 2 meter ham radio head, and GPS units mounted, there isn't a lot of room to mount any thing else.

Thanks again.

DenverDale

oyazi
09-09-2005, 17:13
Originally posted by More Power:
Another possibility.... Edge also sells a slick Attitude mount that fits against the windshield between the rear view mirror mount and the headliner. I'll be installing one of these later today. These are made from the same sort of paint-to-match plastic that the gauge pods are.

I removed the Attitude from the dash, and will be installing a 2-gauge A-pillar pod (EGT/Boost) - also later today. smile.gif MP Jim ~ been trying to track this down ~ Edge doesn't show it. Sounds niffty ~ could you give a lil more info like where to find it?
Thanks

More Power
09-11-2005, 20:05
oyazi, I got mine from www.usdieselparts.com (http://www.usdieselparts.com) .

You can see a pic of the mount here (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/gauges2005.htm).

Edge produces a similar mount for Ford & Dodge as well as the GM trucks, and are designed to accomodate the wiring conduit for the mirror compass & temperature, as well as blend nicely with the curve of the headliner. So far, it has held fast to the windshield, in the hot sun & 1-G launches :D .

Jim

Mark Craig
09-14-2005, 07:57
More Power,

That was actually us that got the mount built, along with the A pillar mounts for the Attitudes too! They are built from the same material as the Auto Meter gauge mounts and fit and look real nice. It's a high temp ABS that won't warp like some of the stuff out there.
The overhead mount slips between the headliner and the steel of the roof and has mushroom tape (superduty velcro)on the back side of it that attaches to the glass, they are paintable as well. We stock all 3 GM colors, it looks like a stock item if you paint it etc. You run the Attitude wire down the A pillar and out the the module, easy removal as well if you need to go to the dealer. The A pillars we have are set up for speaker or no speaker and completely cover the factory A pillar and they clip/snap on, again they are paintable to match. It puts the Attitude just above the dash and angled toward the drivers line of sight just like the overhead mount does. We have had folks complain about the console Attitude mounts as the LCD display on the Attitude if not viewed from straight on will fade and get hard to read for us old timers. Call us if you have any questions, we'll be glad to help with them.

Mark @ DPPI

LanduytG
09-14-2005, 10:29
I think the neatest mount is the one that Edge has. It goes between the dash and cluster bezel. Aaron gave me Sat and its real solid and takes about 5 seconds to install. Ver ridged too.

Greg

Trippin
09-14-2005, 18:57
Kennedy Diesel has some that fit in the overhead console and angle the Attitude Monitor at the driver for easy viewing. The Attitude is recessed into the mount for that stealthy look. :D

Kennedy
09-16-2005, 04:54
The photo on my site shows the inset, but once you see one in person you will really see the inset and how it helps viewing.