PDA

View Full Version : power up suggestions

redrider#1
07-06-2005, 04:14
I am looking into getting more power and better fuel economy out of my 2004 Silverado, crew cab,4x4,Allison, 2500HD Duramax Diesel. I would like to find a reasonably priced programming unit which doesn't necessarily require any other mods to work with it. I have looked at a few, but many have warnings not to go over a certain power level with an automatic tranny. Does this count for the Allison as well? I would like to get an increase of around 100-125hp at a max setting. I am also concerned about EGT's. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kennedy
07-06-2005, 04:19
Many mfrs will claim mpg gain as a sales tool. Some meay actually see a gain, but I have yet to see anything appreciable and consistent. My 2005 will run high 19's stock and high 19's with a tuner/module installed, even lower if I run it hard. I have been working with Diablo on tune revisions and have been seeing very good results. Just need some more test/tweak time.

My best suggestion for a potential small mpg gain is run the FPPF Total Power fuel treatment that I run. Even if the gains are small, the benefits to your fuel system are significant.

For the stock transmission, stay under 100HP gains, 80-85 is safer yet. EGT's will vary depending on if the mfr has increased boost or not. Most do not or if they do, do not do it well at this point.

PS. the future MAY just hold an mpg tune but that depends on what GM has left us on the table...

Granto
07-07-2005, 04:53
I just installed a hot juice I purchased used from another member.

I pretty consistently got 14.5 l/100km unloaded. With the juice set at level 2 I have gone through 2 tanks of fuel and I'm now getting 12.5 l/100km.

These numbers are all based on the DIC.