PDA

View Full Version : ISSPRO R3607

CRANE
02-03-2002, 12:58
I just installed an ISSPRO R3607 pyrometer that included a 'Signal Conditioning Unit' (a little black box) between the probe and the gauge. The gauge seems to operate just fine, but makes a really annoying high pitched squeeling noise until its been powered up for 10-15 minutes. Anyone else have this problem?

csimo
06-26-2002, 20:49
Yes! I have the same gauge and the same VERY ANNOYING problem.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy ISSPRO!

SoCalDMAX
06-26-2002, 21:20
It's a little late for that advice. ;)

I've heard that ISSPRO is working on it. Don't know how close they are.

Regards, Steve

csimo
06-27-2002, 04:22
ISSPRO was "working on it" back in January! If they can't fix it by now they can't fix it.

I for one expect them to buy back the unit, and pay any costs for me to get a real working pyrometer installed. If the new one doesn't use the same fitting in the exhaust manifold they will have to pay for replacent of the manifold as well.

There's no excuse for a company putting out a known defective product.

CRANE
06-27-2002, 06:26
I contacted ISSPRO & talked to a guy "Don Windlick", who told me they were aware of the problem & were working on it. He said to return it & they would give me a new one. When I got it back, it even made more noise. What a joke. I called & really got in his butt. He said wait a few MONTHS, and they may have it worked out ?!?!?
The bad part is that I have installed matching gauges & now will have to replace them all. I WILL NEVER BUY ISSPRO ANYTHING AGAIN.

mackin
06-27-2002, 10:02
Now there is a reference for which GUAGE'S are the best poll .....
MAC :D

AUTO METER gets my endorsement ........ QUIET and very functional .........