PDA

View Full Version : Plasticfantastic?

pullinpower
04-30-2002, 09:26
Who do you recommend I use at chuckhutton for my service?(computer updates)I have never used them before and wanted someone that doesn't keep me out of my truck for long.Thanks

Plasticfantastic
04-30-2002, 12:12
The last time I was in (8-10 months ago) I spoke with service writer Tim Braly. Very nice guy, seems genuine about TCB.
I did have trouble with the actual tech that does the Dmax stuff, probably because I tried to "talk" to him about what I wanted. The tech seemed very knowledgable about his stuff but wasn't gonna change anything because of what I had read on the internet. (gotta learn to keep my trap shut!)
I ended up having Serra Chevrolet do my one piece conversion because the "tech" at the other dealer insisted there was NOT a propshaft available for my truck. (arguing with someone about to do surgery on my vehicle wasn't an option) I also had them (Serra) do my updates and it DID fix most of the idle surge/rough idle.
I gotta say PP, both places tried to be decent to me, even though I've heard serious horror stories about them both.
The big thing is down time ... niether place seemed real concerned about getting my truck back to me immeadiately, imagine them expecting me to wait all day like everybody else tongue.gif ! Expect to drop it off early and pick it up late that day at least.

pullinpower
04-30-2002, 17:49
Oh no,I like it when they say pull it in the back and we will reflash your puter and let me be on my way :D but I guess thats too much to ask for a 30min job(max).