PDA

View Full Version : NEW BLOOD!!!

walkerkd
05-01-2002, 06:58
wanted to say ive been looking and lurking in the shadows for sometime now. and i bought my first gm in jan 8.1/alli i was very impressed with the rig but i do lots of hauling and the oil issues were a bit much. i finally met with the gm area rep and he told me why and what they had done and i felt a bit more at ease. but i did change trucks and now im in the Dmax.. and im impressed.. i own f550 and dodge ctd and let me tell you the dmax is awesome ive had it for 2 days and im just totally blown away.. this weekend i will put it to the test and load her down. i haul hay alot normally about 420 miles every other week or so. 6ft round bales anywhere from 12-20 and i hear the dmax will out perform all the others.. we will see!!!! just wanted to say hi to all and thanks for all the great info on the gm trucks.. its very helpful!!!

01_Duramax_Dually
05-01-2002, 07:59
WalkerKD,
Let it roll......Let it roll. ;)

Load that truck down and STOMP ON IT. Get the tranny trained then sit back and enjoy.

Make sure you change the rear diff fluid after 500 miles or so. I also recommend the Allison deep pan upgrade since you will be towing alot. Adding another gallon of fluid and changing to synthetic will really help with longevity...

Welcome aboard......

pontiac_m18
05-01-2002, 08:17
WALKERKD, FIRST THINGS FIRST, WELCOME TO OUR SITE & may you get all your questions answered quickly & correctly!! Got alot of friends in Tx., hope you get to meet some of them!! Howard :D :D :D

pullinpower
05-01-2002, 08:48
Welcome walkerkd,I thought you gave them the dodge back. :D Or did I misunderstand you over on the "other"site? ;)

walkerkd
05-01-2002, 14:23
yea i gave the dodge back and got a dmax.. the dodge guys tried to take me for about 4k or so.. couldnt believe that.. i already had 2 dodges as you already know i was pretty frustrated with the oil thing on the 8.1 so i was just going to go to something i knew.. but after what happend i went and found myself a dmax/alli!!! and im loving it.. no one told me these things run like they do!! lmao!!!! :D

Flyboy
05-01-2002, 14:33
walkerkd: Welcome to the forum. I see that you have a 2001 model. Did the dealer do all the latest and greatest upgrades to it? We want you to be happy!! :D

sonofagun
05-02-2002, 10:02
Walkerkd,

Welcome and enjoy the truck and the forum. Good to have another Texan on the site.

Bob

walkerkd
05-02-2002, 12:11
im not sure if they did or not.. but i wouldnt be surprised because as many time as i went there with the 8.1 they probaly know i will be back if something goes wrong.. what upgrades should they have done? or is there anything i need to know about..??? :D

Flyboy
05-02-2002, 19:56
Software upgrades for shift buisiness, low power in 4 low reverse, air box mod, etc. All talked about on this forum. My truck (2002) has some updates available, I've heard. I'll have to check into it also.