PDA

View Full Version : soon buying a 2500HD w/ D/A some ?'s

vegasj
07-10-2005, 19:49
Newbie here (obviously) so be gentle.

I'm looking at buying a new 2500HD by August 1st taking advantage of the discount offered and have been tossing and turning between the 6600 Duramax turbo or the V8 Vortec offered.

I'm trying to base my deciding on mpg's, add-ons for performance, and some towing capabilities. I know towing wise, I'd want the D/A combo... but what about the other deciding factors ?

Reading around in these forums I've seen a few references to "juiced stage 2" or "on the juice stage 1" ... what's juiced stage X reffering to on the 6600 ? What other add-on performance packages/parts help the Duramax 6600 turbo run fast, clean, and better than what's out there ?

I've seen a couple of packages from Banks...

Any other links, comments, or whatever, is appriciated!

thx guys

VegasJ

Paul Clancy
07-11-2005, 04:03
From a former gas truck owner , get the dmax. Milage , torque and durability. No gasser comes close.

Tough Guy
07-11-2005, 15:51
Basically they're the same truck right? BUT for about $800 you can make over 400hp with the Diesel!!! Trust me you want the Dmax...

Cheers

vegasj
07-11-2005, 16:51
can anyone explain the "juiced" reference ?

I think of juiced being NoS... I know propane can be mixed for diesels to get a similar effect as running NoS on a gassed truck.

madmatt
07-11-2005, 17:54
The "x" refers to the "extreme" setting available w/ the Juice module from Edge products. Nitrous can also be run on diesel trucks w or w/o propane and vise versa. You may also run up on some people spraying WMI which is slang for "water/methoyl alcohol injection. A lot of people using WMI are spraying windshield washer solvent, which is about a 30% meth/70% H2O.
Personally, I'm not a Banks fan.

lowgraber
07-13-2005, 02:48
IMHO, the Dmax/Allison/Edge Juice combo is a VERY good combination of power/durabilty/horsepower you can get without breaking the bank.
I've had an '03 Dmax for 6 months and will never go back to gas, even for occasional towing.
I have been impressed with the built-in transmission/engine protection features of the Edge Juice w/Attitude monitor. It is one of the most advanced power modules at this time.

JD Diesel
07-13-2005, 14:39
Madmatt what's wrong with banks. Be blunt I can take it gooood or baaad. JD ;)

cruzar
07-13-2005, 17:38
This is my first comment to this page. I will be picking up my first diesel vehicle tomorrow on July 14th, and by reading some of the postings I am very excited. I hope to have a good experience with this vehicle. I have been using a Ford gas to do my hauling, hay, calves to market etc. I had neighbors who swear by their Duramax engines.So I decided to spend that extra nickel.
I also have read of some not having great mileage experiences, with fuel prices today it would cause distress. Well, I will find out what this engine will do starting tomorrow.

cruzar
07-13-2005, 17:40
This is my first comment to this page. I will be picking up my first diesel vehicle tomorrow on July 14th, and by reading some of the postings I am very excited. I hope to have a good experience with this vehicle. I have been using a Ford gas to do my hauling, hay, calves to market etc. I had neighbors who swear by their Duramax engines.So I decided to spend that extra nickel.
I also have read of some not having great mileage experiences, with fuel prices today it would cause distress. Well, I will find out what this engine will do starting tomorrow.

vegasj
07-13-2005, 19:05
you're buying 2 of them ?!

tongue.gif

post back, let me know how you love it....

I'm definatly getting one, hopefully buy the 1st.

madmatt
07-14-2005, 16:54
I can't be as open as I'd like about it but it stems mainly from a bunch of 12v Cummins parts and a couple a' Indiana boys.