PDA

View Full Version : I'm on EDGE!

MaxNouT
05-02-2002, 11:44
That's right,installed the 90H.P. full blown production version in my truck this morning.
First impression with the truck warmed up was that it shifted a little quirky.Put tranny into "learn mode" and done some accelerated runs with it.The transmission then would allow the engine to get up on it's powerband and rev out.
The more I drove thebetter I liked it.The power is there as soon as you step on the throttle.As a matter of fact the truck likes to jump when you punch it.COOL HUH.Runs like a Bat Out Of H*ll
All my playing was in the 90H.P. mode.I didn't see any increase in water or transmission temp's.
Boost and EGT gauges go in this weekend.I'll be pulling 13,000lbs. worth of offshore power boat tomarrow - Keep You Posted
:cool: :cool: :cool:

mackin
05-02-2002, 14:03
WHAT THE !!!!!!!!!! WHO THE !!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell you been ....Now I know........ :D :D Running around all "JUICED " up.........
Like I ........ Well my friend, welcome to the ELITE group of driving the Fastest D-MAX'ES around.......I know what you're feeling in that GO peedle........AINT it a blast........All that POWER....No down shift needed to bury the speedo so quickly, YOU couldn't count by tens faster then it takes to get to shut down ............HUH, buddy..................Give me a first hand report .......
MAC :D :D

Kennedy
05-02-2002, 19:16
A couple more test boxes were shipped as an initial test batch of the new programs. One came my way today. The initial results are VERY good. No quirks as of yet, but VERY limited drive time. Super smooth power delivery etc.

Please be patient until Edge gets enough feedback to know if any revisions are in order.

I hope to know more tomorrow as to official projected release date.

AzKevin
05-02-2002, 19:25
Thanks for the update kennedy! We eagerly await the news. smile.gif :cool:

Kennedy
05-02-2002, 19:39
I will go so far as to say that Gtech runs show it is a VERY tight race for the 1/4 mile dash...

I wanna see how it tows, and IF we decide to drag my '96 to BC next week, well try it first hand at nearly 23k as the only available trailer I have is a 30' 20,000GVW gooseneck at a mere 7k empty...

SUNBUM32
05-02-2002, 22:27
Kennedy don't keep us on edge, what were the G tech times ???? Please Let us know Please !!!

stretch
05-03-2002, 03:44
I second the notion JK. Spill it !!! :D

Kennedy
05-03-2002, 06:12
Times fall in the 15.2 to 15.4 range.

7mmSTW
05-03-2002, 10:19
Nice JK!!, can you tell us what your boost/egt readings are? Also, have you pulled a load w/ it yet? Keep up the good work!

later

seven

MaxNouT
05-03-2002, 13:09
For you "followers" out there,I pulled a 13,000lb.
boat with trailer today with the Juice.My unbiased
opioion is as follows:Juice box set at #2 power setting(it is recommened to tow in the first two power levels only),the Duramax had more torque than stock when pulling from a dead stop and definately more pulling power getting to speed.
Ran the rig at 75mph for about 25 miles and experienced no up/downshift,searching problems.
I'm very pleased with this towing experience.
By the way.....I am in no way affiliated with Edge Products Inc. nor do I sell Edge Products.
I would not post on this forum if I did.The box Is mine as I paid for it. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

stretch
05-03-2002, 15:19
MaxNouT ,
Do you have a guilty conscience. I think you do have stock in Edge products. Therefore the proper thing for you to do (to save face) is to relinquish custody of the juice box to ME as punishment for trying to push sales on this page without paying an advertising fee. Shame on you !!!! :D ;) tongue.gif :cool:

AzKevin
05-03-2002, 17:07
I've got an EDGEy feeling about the weekend. Maybe I'll have to take the truck out and stretch her legs a bit!!! :D :D

Albee
05-03-2002, 20:47
Where can I see this product on the web? Or can I? And how much is this Juice box gonna be? I am very interested!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: Albee ]</p>

7mmSTW
05-03-2002, 22:03
www.edgeproductsinc.com

Be carefull!!!! Too much juice....at once might....make you go crazy....like someone else we know...Later....Seven ;) :D

mackin
05-04-2002, 07:09
AzKevin ,

So what are you saying...........Do you have one...Pray tell.....It's really going to get "NUTS" here when you'all start kicking up some asphalt on the "JUICE"...We need more real world "JUICER'S".........JK is only going to say so much being a responsible advertiser.........So who else, if anyone, got them......Spill your guts, or forever hold your tongue to a flag pole in the "FROZEN TUNDRA"......I think this time next week this forum will locked up with the "JUICE" traffic............. tongue.gif tongue.gif
MAC :D :D

Here's a teaser...........
Oh ya by the way I put my box ( "JUICE") in a fellow poster here last night.........I think he will chime in with some REAL WORLD TEST RESULTS........Later I'll post a PIC .
Turned out to be a blast...I cannot figure out Who was more "JUICED" up "ME" or MY TRUCK........... :eek:

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

AzKevin
05-04-2002, 11:20
mackin, Yes indeed!!

I received delivery this morning and quickly installed it. My maiden voyage was underway in level 2 for an initial feel. I was pleasantly surprized! I felt like Ozzy Ozbourne with a bottle of gin and there were 2 more levels to go! :D :D

I quickly got over the tease fest and dropped it into level 4. I've only driven it 5 miles or so don't place too much in my initial observations. Having said that this baby is for real and is ready for prime time!!! I'm in the process of getting EGT/Boost gauges so I can't say for certain but the turbo seemed to engage a few hundred lower RPMs. The throttle is much more responsive, no need to push the peddle down. Low RPMs accelerate and the Allison keeps grabbing higher gears.

YEEEEEEEHAAAA and GITTY UP! The Juice is Loose and my cupeth runneth over!! :D :cool:

Note:

The driver is neither directly nor indirectly associated with Edge. The above comments are the driver's opinion only and may or may not be the same as TheDieselPage or other advertisors of TheDieselPage. The Edge Juice may not be suitable for all drivers. Member NHRA. ;)

MaxNouT
05-04-2002, 11:52
AzKevin
Please Email me!
Need your address!
35lightning@prodigy.net
:cool: :cool: :cool:

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: MaxNouT ]

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: MaxNouT ]</p>

mackin
05-04-2002, 12:53
AzKevin,

SEE ......I TOLD YOU SOOOO............... :D ;) smile.gif :cool: tongue.gif
It's the best thing since the D-MAX........
It is now referred to as "THE D-RIP-A,MAX"........

I like your.........DISCLOSURE STATEMENT............LOL