PDA

View Full Version : Water Injection "Pulled from market, or?"

DA BIG ONE
07-08-2005, 23:40
I had read somewhere that Heath has pulled its water injection off the market, checked their site and water injection is no longer offered.

I have one of these systems, not installed yet.

Is there anything we need to know, or?

Barry Nave
07-09-2005, 05:14
Hey V-Rod :D
I've had may water now for 5yrs.
At that time it was all about, Air IC.
I don't talk much about this any more, Sorry DP members, I've had many, wow have ask ;)
Water is hard to control. Air IC is a no brain'er.
I can see way this wood be droped.
Bill has a good system,though you have to stay on top of this. Air IC :rolleyes: put it in and drive.

JoeyD
07-09-2005, 08:16
I have Heaths kit installed except the tank. I hope it works fine and I think it will as Bill puts out a great product line.
Brave what do you mean you have to stay on top of it?

jspringator
07-10-2005, 12:53
He has a water-air intercooler coming out in January. I would call re an exchange or refund. The water injection seemed nice from a price standpoint, but I think there is probably a reason it is no longer offered for sale.

JoeyD
07-10-2005, 15:27
I was reading about it last night on another site and when you inject it into the turbo, like I have mine set up, it can destroy the blades. I will call Bill and see whats the deal.

Billman
07-10-2005, 16:31
I thought Heath's system was injected Post-Turbo...

JoeyD
07-10-2005, 17:20
My system from Bill called for the housing to be drilled and tapped and the water inlet feeds into the turbo.
I did notice in the article that the page did on Bills water kit had it injected into the air inlet before the turbo.
Where is the best place to inject it?

DA BIG ONE
07-11-2005, 00:42
My system would be used post IC, guess I'll call Bill too and find out what gives?

I use lots of other offerings from Bill and no issues whatsoever.

Billman
07-11-2005, 03:24
When I said Post-Turbo, I meant after the Compressor Blades.

The way I understand it, his system works best being injected into Compressor housing just after the Compressor Wheel.

Spindrift
07-11-2005, 12:14
Originally posted by Billman:
The way I understand it, his system works best being injected into Compressor housing just after the Compressor Wheel. That's exactly how it should be done.

Marty Lau
07-11-2005, 13:01
Originally posted by DA BIG ONE:
I had read somewhere that Heath has pulled its water injection off the market, checked their site and water injection is no longer offered.

Is there anything we need to know, or? The reason Bill told me is he pulled the system is that some people installing it were having problems getting it set up properly and it was becoming a sevice issue and that he was spending WAY TOO MUCH time helping folks iron out the install on the phone.

DA BIG ONE
07-11-2005, 23:39
Originally posted by 16ga SxS:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DA BIG ONE:

Is there anything we need to know, or? The reason Bill told me is he pulled the system is that some people installing it were having problems getting it set up properly and it was becoming a sevice issue and that he was spending WAY TOO MUCH time helping folks iron out the install on the phone. </font>[/QUOTE]After talking to Bill I will use the unit, but understand tweeking it is on my end because of the install after the IC.

This attempt to use it is due to the way my IC is mounted "facing forward but pitched halfway down between rails" which reduces its performance (some say it is good for 100 deg temp reduction of aircharge), so the water injection after the IC should have a positive effect under extreme situations, say 12+ psi (my psi after IC is 14psi w/spikes of 18psi).

The following site http://www.westach.com./ has an intercooler temp "before and after IC" dual gauge I will be using for the setup.

Billman
07-12-2005, 02:12
I've plumbed my WMI into the upper manifold just after the Intercooler Pipe/Coupler. This was done for cosmetic reasons as it is kept hidden under the 'Turbo Power' cover. otherwise I would have injected it right after IC.

I run a much higher pressure than the Heath system though.

WMI on top of Intercooler is good for additional reduction in IAT's.

Barry Nave
07-12-2005, 04:00
Joey
Water pureness,filters,then more filter.
Working with a top of the line,hoping it's the best type of nozzle that will mist.Works.
City water causes trouble.Lime for me.
Well water not as bad,rust
Soft water some what better,salt.
Windsheald washer good.
Filters are a must.
My turbo blades,leading edge shows small were.
My also be where from small dirt.
I use small nozzel 3gal per hour @ 60psi.
Mix will denauter Aly 50/50 you have power.