PDA

View Full Version : The leaky powersteering/brake resivour thing???

MudNurI
05-03-2002, 17:13
I need your help, I just went through 11 pages of posts here, and can not find the topic I know was here regarding the above mentioned problem..I am the one that posted about it- but for some reason it's gone.

I am taking the truck to a different dealer next week, and need to have the "fix" that you all got for the nasty leak that covered the inner fender wells, with what I thought was brake fluid- but you all said is power steering fluid...what did they fix--- if anyone has their work order, can I get the specific fix they came up with part numbers descriptions etc..hopefully this new dealership is going to cure my dmax blues!

thanks guys
Brandy

redface.gif

DmaxMaverick
05-04-2002, 02:06
MudNurI

The hydroboost system on these trucks is nothing new. It is virtually the same as the ones from the early 80's. Just by looking at them, it appears that I could switch the one off of my '85 and it would work. If you are having a leak, it is likely that it is a manufacture defect of some sort. Unless a whole bunch of bad ones got out of the factory, there will not likely be a TSB. I can't understand how anyone can tell you what you are leaking without seeing it. Must be some sort of misunderstanding. Oil leaks are hard to chase. A little oil goes a long way. Hope this helps.

stevem
05-04-2002, 02:41
Brandy.
I found your post in the drivetrain forum via the search feature.I typed leaking power steering fluid and the topic came up.

Hope this helps, Steve

MudNurI
05-04-2002, 04:56
ahhhhh thank you steve! I was searching this forum..didn't even think to look over there...thanks again...

Brandy tongue.gif

neophyte
05-06-2002, 08:48
I had that problem. Took it to the dealer twice and they claimed they could not find the leak. After reading about ths problem on the forum, I told the dealer that it might be the hydraulic booster. They finally changed the hydraulic booster. It has been some weeks now. Leak is completely gone.