PDA

View Full Version : What about Grease?

Luis
05-04-2002, 05:55
With all the information on oils, has anyone talked about the different types of grease? I have used the syn. mobil grease in the past. This is the red color kinda tacky grease will this provide better protection? :confused:

Diverguy
05-04-2002, 13:58
Luis;
Grease doesn't seem to be a popular subject. However, as long your mobil synthetic works, use it. I have not read the new owner's manuals yet but in the manual for my '98 there is a section in the back detailing the lubrication requirements on various components. If memory serves our trucks require a GC/B-LC grease. Use your favourite brand if it meets specs. I use Shell Albida EP2.

LanduytG
05-04-2002, 16:55
I stongly suggest a GOOD heavy duty sythetic grease on your chassis. It will make it last much longer and you will find you do not need to grease it as often.
Greg

hoot
05-05-2002, 13:35
And grease often. You should give the chassis a shot everytime you change the oil.

NickLeinonen
05-05-2002, 14:35
i have had good luck with the black moly/graphite grease. you can get it pretty much anywhere [walmart, auto parts stores, some gas stations have it around my area too....]

LanduytG
05-05-2002, 21:17
Hoot give it shot but most people don't just do that. The worst thing on any bearing or bushing that has seals is over greasing.
Greg