PDA

View Full Version : Juice Withdrawl

thechevyhdman
05-05-2002, 23:08
Well I finally met up with another member of this site, MACKIN. Well we took his truck for a spin which is "juiced" up with the Edge box. Very nice to run that much power and with the guages hes got its cool to see whats doing what in terms of the turbo and the EGTs. SO after downing a few tangueray and vodka tonics, We threw the box into my truck, took no lie like 3 minutes to switch it in. Now it being a test beta box I dont know how much different the real deal will be, but all I can say is shucking fit, the thing went like a raped ape. If the real deal is any better than what they got now to test then count me in either way, its cake to put in, there is no performance product so easy to put in thats good for so much power. When there out Ill be getting one. So we threw the box in and got right on the highway, noticed a huge difference immediately, took her down one exit and wow, I had a grin from ear to ear, until I realized my tailgate was wide open and all my tools and everything flew out, when I got off the next exit, I thought I blew a drive shaft, Nope it was a lawnmower blade clanging down the exit ramp. Thats when the grin disappeared So we turned around All I can say is 5th gear TC locked the speedo goes up like you couldnt believe. After getting back on and looping around again in the other direction we were diverted by picking up say 500 different sockets ratchets etc. On ramp looked liked someone smashed a mirror ball, shiny tools everywhere. By now Im realizing IM pretty cocked up so we went back threw the box back his truck, had a few more v and t's. And called it a night. When we got back to the parking lot, I decided to light up the tires a bit, I power braked in place for a little bit not even enough to leave a pile of smoke, and let her go, posi strips 120 ft long, And the only reason they werent longer was because I was running out of parking lot. Im gonna get the box, get the guages, and maybe an exhaust and thats it. You dont even need anything else besides the box, Its not worth it. What maybe 800 bucks or whatever its gonna cost, trying to get a group thing going opps did I say that. Wow for those of you lucky enough to try it, they know what I mean, Once you get juiced you never wanna go back. I can say though the only thing odd bout the box was the tranny feels not to upto the task but when we left the truck was cold, and sorry but I was beating the living daylights out of it. It did fine with it in. Now im all depressed I have no juice, no guages or nothing, Maybe I can find out where MACKIN lives and help myself to his toys, hehehe just kidding. Anyways Its late and Im off to bed. Mackin thanks for your help and wisdom, Well have to do it again soon, If my withdrawl from the juice gets any worse Ill be going to JUICE ANONYMOUS meetings :D

mackin
05-06-2002, 04:19
thechevyhdman,

The pleasure was all mine..........Definitely will do it again soon as the wifey unlocks the dog house.......... :D :D I'll be a free "JUICE'N dog again prison sentence over............. Keep an eye on your E-mail box ....ONE JUICE COMING UP............. :D :D
MAC tongue.gif

[ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

woodzie
05-06-2002, 05:24
mackin

being all Juiced up-do you have any idea as to you MPG? My K3500 runs 9-12MPG towing and 13-17.5 MPG around the farm and highway. :confused:

pullinpower
05-06-2002, 08:32
Awwww,ya'll keep giving us these story's and I want one even more now.I can see one in the near future. :D

mackin
05-06-2002, 10:53
woodzie,

Remember one thing ..........or two.....
Terrain...,and driving habit's...No two, are the same......For one I live and drive on a somewhat, I wouldn't say to hilly but there are some....Habbit's real bad ... lead foot. Stop sign to Stop sign runner...I never drive under 65-70 MPH on the interstate. Unless my radar detector lights up like a Christmas tree, or there is a cop in my rear view mirror........What I have seen so far 15k on the clock.......Under "JUICE" 60%---40% greater part interstate, 15 and change MPG.........Reverse the numbers......13 and change MPG...I scale out at 7500, net........ Best part is it MOVES.......Prior to driving without "JUICE,"I would get anywhere between 310 miles to 574 miles a tank......The best mileage I seen was 17 and change all highway......Hilly as hell....Northern Vermont hilly.......MPH between 70---85......On that trip ran, and ran with a bombed D/C for 30 plus miles.......At shut down speeds 97 mph...... :D
Do I drive my truck hard? Yes, but I maintain it well...very responsible.......Not a tire burner, sometimes, very seldom...I'm an acceleration freak.........With these numbers ,I get,if one was to drive conservative 20 + should be easily meet. IMHO
MAC :D

[ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

pullinpower
05-06-2002, 14:10
So I guess the full 90HP box's are being shipped as we speak?