PDA

View Full Version : Anxiously awaiting arrival of new Dmax!!!

crimedawg
05-06-2002, 17:04
Hi all. This is my first post. I have been reading on this site for approx. 1 month and want to thank everyone for all of the great information, I wish I had found this site a long time ago! The first thing I do when I get home is check the Diesel Page, I am addicted. I have never owned a diesel before and really did not consider 1 until the Dmax came along. If my salesman is telling me the truth my Dmax was born today (05/06/02) and he said I should have it in 2 to 3 weeks (can’t wait). I do not have children but I think I know what a 1st time father must feel like. I am trading in a 2000 Silverado 2500HD 6.0, ExtCab 4x4, Shorty with 45,000 miles on it. I am looking for information on the proper break-in procedures and/or where I can find information on the proper break-in procedures for the new truck. Also any information, suggestions, etc. that will be helpful for a 1st time diesel owner will be much appreciated. Thanks

ORDERED: '02 Silverado 2500HD Dmax/Allison, ExtCab 4x4, Shorty, Forest Green

James S
05-06-2002, 17:20
Hey There,

Go to the Ford diesel page,
www.forddiesel.com
and read the article entitled,
BREAKING IN A DIESEL ENGINE
The PROPER break in time, is NOT the five-hundred miles the people at the dealer say it is. It is substantially longer. During the break in time, your performance will fluctuate, and fuel milage will also fluctuate. When it starts leveling out, your engine will be broken in properly. I think the number is twenty-thousand miles, but read the article to be sure. Good luck, and enjoy your new truck. Is it a two wheel-drive or four by four? Enjoy your new baby.

James

mackin
05-06-2002, 18:40
crimedawg,

Congrats and Welcome aboard...You have come to the right place..More info here then one can Imagine , for your truck, with some humor tossed in occasionally.....Just ask away, don't be shy.....We all like to give and take ........
MAC smile.gif

NutNbutGMC
05-06-2002, 19:08
^...Break it in like you want it to perform for you, throughout it's life expectancy. I preferred hard and fast, from day one. Welcome to the forum.

pontiac_m18
05-07-2002, 10:15
CRIMEDAWG, FIRST THINGS FIRST, WELCOME TO OUR SITE & may you get all your questions answered quickly & correctly. The break-in time is a hard time once you get behind the wheel. To be told you can't do this or that is very hard!! As far as your "BABY" was built, why don't you e-mail me & we can see where that "BABY" is. All I need is the S.O.N. & T.P.W. What kind of truck & where in Pa. is it headed? It could be shipped by truck or rail! Howard E-mail me at = howard_m18@yahoo.com :D :D :D

[ 05-07-2002: Message edited by: pontiac_m18 ]</p>

crimedawg
05-07-2002, 14:55
Just wanted to thank everyone for the responses and making me feel welcome. Just got off the phone with my salesman and found out the Target Production Week was changed to 05/13/2002. Oh well, good things come to those who wait!

Colorado Kid
05-08-2002, 17:13
Crimedawg,
You'll still want to take Pontiac up on his offer. FInd out your order number from your dealer and get to him. Trucks that are on Pontiacs "Watch fo" list do not tend to hang out for a long time before being shipped, in fact mine was on the train the same day it rolled out the door, and in Colorado 6 days later. When my salesman called me to tell me it had been built and would come in 2-3 weeks I told him it was already in town...he called me back 45 minutes later to tell me I was right, and he'd never seen a new vehicle arrive so fast! That's why I'm one of Pontiac's Happy Campers. :D

crimedawg
05-08-2002, 20:08
Thanks for the advice Colorado Kid. I e-mailed Pontiac at his Yahoo address yesterday with the information he requested. He replied back and stated he added me to his “LIST” and he would update me with any new information. I am starting to feel like family here. B.T.W. I have an uncle in Colorado Springs who has a Dmax. He was the first to have a Dmax that I knew of. He received it in November or December of 2000 and still loves it. Thanks again.