PDA

View Full Version : Dyno jet

tjc
02-14-2003, 12:15
Does anyone know what a reasonable charge should be for a Dyno run? Found one in town for $80. This sounds a little excessive. They are using DynoJet.

Toddster
02-14-2003, 12:41
Sounds good to me.....Never seen one for less than $100.... :cool:

Kennedy
02-14-2003, 12:54
If you can find someone with a "load cell" type of dyno like a Mustang or similar, you will get more realistic numbers. The DynoJet is just too light for a diesel truck IMHO.

c5dura
02-14-2003, 16:03
The going rate around these parts (VA) is about $75 for 3 pulls on a DynoJet.

Didn't know they are too 'light' for a Diesel. Most of the guys over on the corvetteforum prefer the Dyno Jet to the mustang stating the Dyno Jet gives more realistic numbers. I've seen numbers well above 600 rwhp from a DynoJet.

I know there is no 'load' on the DynoJet, just a big ferry wheel where you meassure how long it takes to accelerate it from a begining rpm to an end rpm in whatever gear gives you 1:1.

As long as your wheels don't slip on the drum, ans since you know the exact mass of the rotating assembly, I would imagine this to be a very accurate way of meassuring rwhp and rwtq?

Kennedy
02-14-2003, 17:20
There's varying opinions, but IMHO, it is too far a stretch from a gasoline powered car to a diesel truck. Kinda like running a car on a DJ 150 (motorcycle) in that you need to have a mass that more closely equals the vehicle that is being tested...

CPMac632
02-14-2003, 18:23
From what I have seen the Dynojet will give very accurate #'s for stock to moderately modified diesel trucks. When you get into the extreme mod's with large chargers or twins there sometimes isn't enough load to work them and they read low. But on the other hand those vehichles usually overpower a load cell dyno (not enough traction). Around here you get 3 pulls for $75 or so.