PDA

View Full Version : Predator stacked with Juice

GMC-2002-Dmax
02-14-2003, 18:10
Hey anyone have an answer............??

If I were to purchase a Predator, if and when they are ever available.....and they do what they advertise to do :confused: :eek: , will I, if I load the 40hp program and stack the "HOT JUICE" with it create 165 RWHP increase and then if I stack it with 80HP see a 205 RWHP increase??

I know when stacked with propane and other boxes a combination does not yield a this HP + this HP = both. If that makes sense.

Anybody with the KNOW want to share with the don't knows???
:confused:

Lemme Know ;)

GMC :D

Thanks in Advance!!!

sdaver
02-14-2003, 19:47
time will tell........how much time?......I couldn't tell you...........I think there is a rumor of news on monday.............. :D dave

NWDmax
02-14-2003, 23:44
I think were going to see the Predator when Sadaam shows us where all his nukes,germs and biologicals are hidden. tongue.gif

DmaxMaverick
02-15-2003, 01:47
A test will be the only real indicator, but my thinking is not too optimistic. I think adding both would be a waste of money on one of them.

Look at what they do. The Predator (still a myth) rewrites the ECM code. The Juice (not a myth) intercepts the ECM code and modifies the parameters to specific values.

If you have the Predator programming installed, the juice will negate all the code that it intercepts, and send commands as it been programmed with. The only advantage, or change that the Predator will make will be codes that the Juice does not modify.

There could also be some compatibility issues between them that would cause loss a of performance.

The 'Mizer+Juice works because they modify different parameters that don't intersect.

Or....I could be wrong and you will make enough power to make a pretzel out of that phone pole of a propeller shaft. But I doubt it. It's your frog hides. If you are still curious, I await your report.

GMC-2002-Dmax
02-15-2003, 10:29
Thanks,

I am looking for the Vaporware to reprogram my speedo for 285's and get me over 97mph if needed.

It seems to be worthwhile since a tru speed requires about $200.00 and does nothing other than recalibrate. I still am stuck at 97mph.

I was hoping to reflash with a 40hp or 60hp setting and pull the Juice for winter. I like the diagnostic feature as well.

Maybe someday I'll actually read a post of someone who has seen it or maybe even held it :eek: :eek:

For now I see a better chance winning Lotto than seeing a Predator :confused:

GMC ;)

mackin
02-15-2003, 15:18
Not only that but NO tire change correction either........

Of course it is said only in the original release it will not have, but they all ready got WAAAY ahead of themselves with all other aspects of the product.....

So come Monday we see if a bigger hole needs to be dug on this, after all just gonna deliver a release date...... :rolleyes:

MAC :D :D :D

NoMo
02-16-2003, 12:24
I think you guys are confusing the product of a reputable company with the announcement of an over-zealous vendor.

All we've seen for sure is that salesmen aren't as "plugged-in" to the engineering stuff as they think they are. ;)

GMC-2002-Dmax
02-16-2003, 17:04
....^^^^.....

YUP!!!

I think we may have to call in Indiana Jones for one last crusade :eek: LOL!!!

Maybe he knows where the Predator is :rolleyes:

GMC. ;)

RWTD
02-16-2003, 18:33
DmaxMaverick is absolutely right about "stacking". You can't stack products that modify the pcm directly or through interception. You will destroy your pcm, or worse, your engine, if you do that.

NoMo, I am far from "over-zealous", bud. I'm given information by the company owners and employees, and this can change on an everyday basis.

I'm far from a salesman in my mentality, and really wish I could meet you all in person so you all could see how professional and great of a person I really am. Isn't there an event in TX each year? I'm not that far from there.

Shortly, all these posts concerning whereabouts will turn into posts concerning comparisons. I can't wait, and I know you all surely can't either.

Sincerely...

NWDmax
02-16-2003, 18:58
I'm lmao cause all you guys complaining are going to be the 1st ones buying.Even after all this waiting,pi$$ing and moaning you all will forget the long wait if it ends up working as advertised.
Blake
tongue.gif

FirstDiesel
02-16-2003, 19:34
But Mackin

Monday is a holiday :eek:

So will that delay it too??? ;)

pinehill
02-17-2003, 02:35
RWTD: "....wish I could meet you all in person so you all could see how professional and great of a person I really am."

Absolutely amazing!! :rolleyes:

RWTD
02-17-2003, 07:10
pinehill, it is not my style, nor in my attitude to endulge in any bickering amongst the members or Supporting Vendors. It's very unproductive and only results in hostility. I hope you understand.

Sincerely,

James

RWTD
02-20-2003, 14:17
I wanted to remind everyone to not stack the Juice with the Predator, or any other device that manipulates the pcm feed, or changes the actual programming on the pcm. This could immediately harm your vehicle.

Please be careful and think safe.

Sincerely...

mackin
02-20-2003, 16:38
Why is that?? Care to explain details of what WILL go wrong?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

MAC

[ 02-20-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

hoot
02-20-2003, 17:37
mackin,

JK will let us know :eek:

mackin
02-20-2003, 18:37
I know JK can and will..... ;)

Did you or are you going to purchase one from John?? I know you had interest....

Would be nice if YOU jumped into the drivers seat ......Give us the skinny..... These guys that never felt unleashed Duramax power will be amazed with any performance upgrade.....So it will be hard to get a opinion from their perspective.....Maybe I'll pay-pal one find out if that money back guaranty works ......

MAC ;) ;) ;)

Kennedy
02-20-2003, 21:00
I am in the K's of course, so I wasn't one of the first to be called. I did call in on Wednesday before I left, but only requested ground shipping. Plugging along at 19 mpg first tank and 17 mpg second tank (all on winter blend and approaching best ever) in Ludington MI through the weekend.

As for stacking, time will tell. Some combos work, and some don't. I do know that the pressure boxes should stack well, but timing on timing can be an issue. The only Juice I would try (very tentatively) would be a 4.35 version w/o timing until it is determined if the Predator is making significant adjustments to timing...

[ 02-20-2003: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

RWTD
02-20-2003, 21:16
John hit the nail on the head. You could effectively double up on your parameters, and we all know what could happen next :( . The other possibility, and I've seen this happen many a times on the gas GM's, and gas & diesel Ford's, is that people attempt to use one company's tuning device, and then tune another tune from a different company. Normally, if it the pcm is not fried first, then the engine runs horribly.

I may have some dynographs from DiabloSport Monday, but I can't promise such. I will, however, have graphs from testing on vehicles here personally in the coming future.

Sincerely...

[ 02-20-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>

orange2
02-20-2003, 21:33
Dyno graphs please show what is advertised. Can't wait till tomorrow, hope ups is on time!! :cool: James I will post here when I get mine tomorrow, I feel the performance will be what was claimed. Will it really get to iowa overnite? Hope so , if not its alright.

RWTD
02-20-2003, 22:39
Hey Troy! Yeah, you'll get it tomorrow by 10:30am. Let me know if it doesn't make it by 10:30, as UPS will have some explaining to do ;)

Feel free to call me if you need anything, or would like any technical help and support on installing it. I'm here to help in all that I can!

Sincerely...

orange2
02-20-2003, 23:05
James, very cool. I will let you know when I get it. Shouldn't be a problem with the install, I have already read the manual on your site. Looks as simple as the programmer I had for my 96 T/A. Really appreciate the overnite delivery, wasn't expecting it. :cool:

sixl
02-21-2003, 14:32
I stacked the juice and the predator and have had no problems I heard that the juice will override the predator. I have only drove about 50 miles like this but every thing is ok so far I will keep you posted on any thing that happen :D
AIN'T SKEERED :eek:

Kennedy
02-21-2003, 15:14
Others have said that the VA smart box stacked well with the Juice, but my experience was that while it did make more noise and a bit more power, it just wasn't a good combo unless timing was removed from one or the other...

I guess what I am trying to say is just because it runs and functions, does not necessarily mean that it WORKS...

mackin
02-21-2003, 15:43
John and you will be stacking these two, when ??

MAC :D :D :D