PDA

View Full Version : 2003 High Idle Installed

thechevyhdman
02-14-2003, 21:14
Today my brother kept me quite busy...high idle install, deep pan for Allison, Lund Visor, and Lund X-Terminator bug shield. Anyways I thought It might be useful to tell people that Kennedys high idle instructions are identically the same for 2003 model year trucks. That also goes with deep pan install on the Allison. Even the ECM wire colors near the C71 slot are identical (Brown before...brown and white after). Im becoming quite the "pro" at high idle installs...just kidding I have along way to go before I am a pro at anything besides drinking beer. :D :eek: . Hope this helps those who were wondering. Bill

Kennedy
02-14-2003, 22:50
Did you alter his speed settings?

Out of curiosity, is the 2003 a 2 speed (resume and set only) or is there a standby speed increase as well?

thechevyhdman
02-15-2003, 02:04
Nope JK same as 2002..... CC on and push in set 1200 rpm.......hit the button to R/A 1600rpm or whatever the heck it comes with.......No standby increase...But we may mess around with that down the road...(ie thinking bout buying a used Tech II) Had alot harder of a time taking the GD grey cover off the ECM wires....worked first time we tried it....Tranny took almost 14 qts...is that right ?.....2003 sounds alot smoother and quieter than my 2002....my own 2 cents. Bill

Toddster
02-15-2003, 07:24
Nice work Studly ! I cordialy invite you and a guest to my garage (heated with beer) for a high idle installation party...Dress will be formal, alcohol and horderves will be served. Please r.s.v.p by 2/15/03...Thank you...

thechevyhdman
02-15-2003, 11:23
Anytime Todd.. you got my email address. I feel like a bum at the side of the road with a sign saying"WILL WORK FOR FOOD"...Of course my sign says"WILL WORK FOR BEER".....Anyways give me a hollar and well get it done. Bill
<DISCLAIMER> I am not responsible for any damage done while performaning any services on another persons truck. My warranty is as followed
Warranty period is from time job is finished And ends upon seeing the tailights of my truck. Or
For free yu can also get the AMF warranty
Adios Mother Fudger

mdrag
02-15-2003, 12:06
^^ :D

OTD AMF YOYO -> Out The Door AMF You're On Your Own! tongue.gif

[ 02-15-2003: Message edited by: mdrag ]</p>

pinehill
02-15-2003, 18:54
Toddster,

"I cordialy invite you and a guest to my garage (heated with beer)"

I've seen garages heated with natural gas, propane, electricity, and wood burners, but never before with beer. Tell us how this works. I'd be willing to give it a try, if it's not too expensive. :D

johnpugh
02-15-2003, 20:50
Just finished finalizing the high idle install on my 03 as well. Finally got programming done at the dealership (for free!) The menu choices for the 03 are different than the ones published in the Upfitters bulletin (53); some of the choices are not there. I was looking over the guys shoulder as he was programming it.

There is no idle bump when you power the circuit; you do have set and resume speeds only.

JK, I guess that two sucessful 03 installs verifies the information on your website and the schematic I sent you is valid....

Toddster
02-16-2003, 08:31
LMAO ! Holy $hit dude glad someone picked up on that one ! Thats a riot, sorry though, thats "classified" information only we Nor'easters hold the answer to ! You Floridians don't need no stinkin' heat anyway ! Or a garage for that matter ! :mad: