PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with the color of your Duramax powered truck?

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 17:43
What color trucks do you guys have and are you happy with them?

I seemed to have the hardest time trying to decide between dark grey, pewter, and red. I ended up ordering the pewter colored truck and now i keep kicking myself in the a$$ because I think I may have got the wrong color. :D

I liked the dark grey but I personally thought it had to much of a flat green tint to it in low light conditions. The red was just TOO red.. lol. I don't know.. Maybe I am just to picky.. I thought that making the decision to buy the truck would be the hardest btu in all actuality that was the easy part.. All I had to do was drive one. :D

What about the rest of you? Are you happy with your decision?

Do any of you have pictures of your pewter trucks I can look at with some aftermarket stuff installed?

I have a bunch of stuff I plan on doing to the truck.. I just need some more $$$ :mad:

Thanks guys..

Chris

FisHn2DMax
02-16-2003, 18:01
You're in the exact same spot I was back in September waiting for my new 03 to arrive. Boy was I second guessing everything I ordered, especially the color. To be honest, GM colors are very lacking!!!! I Went with Pewter as well. I really was looking for a two tone like the 1/2 tons offer. But after looking at White, Arrival Blue and Red ( my initial top choices) on the new 03's, I kept coming back to Pewter. I also loved the look of the Black, but it's impossible to keep clean. I actually would go down to the dealer twice a day to look at the colors at different times of the day and night. In the END the Pewter was my choice.

Now that I've had the Pewter for few months, I love it! Looks clean even at times it's not. Great overall color! The only problem is, everyone else seems to have this color? I swear 50% of the GM trucks are Pewter around my neck of the woods. All chrome or black accessories seem to work well on Pewter. I still think GM should offer two tones and more color combinations on the HD's, like FORD offers!

If you have an E-mail address, I'll send you a picture of my truck with a few toys on it.

Don't worry, you'll love the Pewter!

smile.gif

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 18:17
Hi there FisHn, Nice to meet you and thanks for your reply. You are right about the GM colors lacking. I can think of several colors that would most likely boost the GM HD truck sales.

I would love to see photos of your truck man.

You can email me at Xristob@aol.com

Put My Duramax or something catchy like that in the subject line.

Are members here allowed to post photos from their photo host on a thread with IMG commands?

Thanks again..

Chris

DIESEL/VETTE
02-16-2003, 18:22
I went back and forth between pewter and dark grey for 6 months, and ordered the dark grey because pewter is like butts, every body has one, i've had mine for one week now and the dark grey is beautiful, very very happy. & with dark grey interior. you may be able to change your color if it is not to late. :D

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 18:27
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yer killn me!!!!!!! :D

I actually tried to change the color 2 weeks ago but they said to late.. :( Yes I was going to change it to the dark grey.. the problem I was having is that I originally ordered the grey and then I changed it to pewter 2 weeks later.. Another week went by and I wanted to change it to grey again but they said to late! :mad:

Only way I can get a different color now is if I tell them that I dont want that color and make them order me another truck but then they have to hang on to my deposit until they sell the truck that I had originally ordered. I guess thats why I am asking you guys here and asking for photos. :D

My truck is scheduled to be here on March 11th and they told me it may get here a week sooner than that.. It was built this past week in the truck and bus plant in Flint Michigan.

sigh..... decisions decisions.... :(

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 18:30
I originally ordered a grey x cab short bed like yours DIESEL/VETTE but then I changed it to the crew cab.. Then crew cab grey.. Then crew cab Pewter.. tried to change it to grey again and they said NO!!! lol..

Now I am thinking that the crew cab is a LONG A$$$$ mofo and im gonna have trouble parking this thing everywhere I go.. lol :D

rtquig
02-16-2003, 18:31
I went with the pewter before I realized half the country has it, but I still like it a lot. Once I got my wife the Indigo Blue Surburban, I wish I had ordered that color. No regrets, but next time different color.

mdrag
02-16-2003, 18:32
Topic transferred to 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain forum.

mdrag