PDA

View Full Version : Need Duramax performance upgrade suggestions..

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 21:35
I will be looking to buy a module and exhaust system of some sort for my truck within a week after I get it.

This particular exhaust system by Western Diesel caught my eye but im not sure if it would be the best one to buy.

http://www.mikesoffroad.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MO&Product_Code=WEST+1001700&Category_Code=WD

I want excellent looks and performance topped with killer sound.

As far as the modules go, I have been looking at the juice boxes and I have heard of several different versions here on this site. I have no idea what all the versions mean and which one I would need for my application. I want big bang out of the truck.. I want it to run like a scalded dawg without having any problems.

I have seen the ez amp and duramaximizer modules as well but in all reality, I have no idea which would be the best to buy. Can any of you give me the run down of pros and cons of each box?

The most I will be towing with the truck anytime in the near future would be a 21 foot boat weighing in at about 5k lbs with trailer. Hardly a heavy load for the max..

What do you guys recomend?

Lastly, are there any Virginia max owners with modules on their trucks that I may be able to meet up with for some first hand experience?

Thanks.

Chris

FirstDiesel
02-17-2003, 05:30
Can you please edit your sig file to fit the box?? It causes the posts to have to scroll left to right.

Thanks

GMC-2002-Dmax
02-17-2003, 07:45
Get The EDGE - "HOT" Juice v4.61.

IMHO there is no substitute for the real thing, although Toddster is smacking down 230hp extra with a Van Aakan something or other :eek:

Let's see what breaks first.

GMC

king D
02-17-2003, 17:57
hey ive got a quadzilla power 180 /90 hp switch chip.i also have a qz exhaust.it sounds great with a big v8 gas sounding rumble.as for as juice i will not run it down b/c i think edge is a good company.in fact i ordered one today to test it beside my Quadzilla power van aaken box.i also have propane installed just recently but its not working up to my desire yet.im a few hours from richmond.if you know were elizabethcity nc is i live near there.you can get in touch and come see my truck and ride in it .let me know jess

Toddster
02-18-2003, 20:22
Yep GMC, and best of all I got a brandsie new 4.61 Hot Juice in the box for sale to the highest bidder ! :eek:

kerry witherspoon
02-18-2003, 20:31
Well for my dollar i am going to by j.k system and hace bought a preditor as well.meant have.

Duramaxerado
02-18-2003, 20:42
Toddster, I would love to chat with you a little on the telephone if you do not mind. I have followed several of yourposts here and I have been waiting to get in communication with you.. Sounds like you have a really killer set up on your truck bro..

If you don't mine, I would like to give you a call.. You can email me at Xristob@aol.com

thanks bro!!! ;)

Chris

Duramaxerado
02-18-2003, 20:44
King D, thanks for the input and your offer for me to come visit.. I very well may take you up on that offer as soon as my max gets here man..

Thanks!!!!

Chris

Toddster
02-19-2003, 09:43
Dmaxerado, I will shoot you my number, you are more than welcome to call me....Just for the record, you called my set up "killer" and thats exactly what it is if not driven with extreme care....EGT's can be scary and trust me the Alli is very scared ! Even with an Alli fix EGT's are your next problem, and I'm not quite sure how you would get them low enough for everyday WOT runs....I don't want to see ANYBODY hurt thier truck, not even Mackdaddy ! Any 120hp program at the present time is enough and safe as far as we know, I am just a freak, please consider this when reading my posts ! :eek:

Duramaxerado
02-19-2003, 18:52
Right on Todd!!! ;)

I am in the middle of fully restoring a project car for my cousin who also lives in Enfield Ct. I was born in Norwalk many years ago. As soon as the car is finished I will most likely be towing it back to him in CT. Perhaps we could hook up then to slam a couple beers and burn some rubber!! :D

I am a bit of a freak as well!!

notice my interest in 300 Rear wheel hp 475 lb motorcycles!!! :D

Wheelies at 150+ mph are killer too!!! :eek: :eek: :D