PDA

View Full Version : Juice Require 4" Exhaust ???

All-tuned-up
02-17-2003, 14:52
I've been told my truck will develop problems with any more than the standard juice. I of course want the hot, but don't own a company on the east coast working with steel to afford fancy exhaust quite yet. I do have a set of Isspro EGT/Boost ready to install though. Any ideas thoughts, was thinking of removing the muffler, would like to see if it drops EGT's. :eek:

mackin
02-17-2003, 15:01
You will be fine with stock exhaust......

You will gain with cooler EGT's and perhaps faster spool up but it is not mandatory to run free flow exhaust......

MAC

stretch
02-17-2003, 15:02
Have you considered moving, perhaps to Ct. ;) Heck, you can bring your sled with you too, it won't go to waste here, especially today. I wouldn't think it would be a problem outside of EGT but since you have gauges already, keep an eye on them. There is this guy in Loyal, Mn. that may be able to hook you up with an exhaust at a reasonable price. tongue.gif

TN farmer
02-17-2003, 16:05
All-tuned-up,

I ran the HOT juice for two months before I saved up the $400 to buy my exhaust. I could make it reach 1200 degrees but if you watch your guages you should be fine.

All-tuned-up
02-17-2003, 16:28
Stretch, too many irons in the fire here in MN, like the cold, like the hot Summers, cool Falls, wish for snow, no luck this year. Lots of Blonde women, tons, and they enjoy boating which usually means bikinis :eek: :eek: I'm going to try and get that Hot Version, but might not be able to, have a refurbished on order.

Whose in Loyal, got a number, email me some info, please!!

TN FARMER:

You got some serious :eek: hills if you're in TN, WOW! Drove down to Opryland Hotel, 2002 PS, CC, DRW,4x4,K&N air filter/intake, chipped, gauges, 10k# trailer and we absolutely flew up those hills at least 65 most of the time 70-75. I couldn't believe it. On way back the intercooler hose blew off, lost all boost, that was cool. I need to install the gauges I guess. Septic hit me $330 this month, Speeding ticket was $80, new radar detector coming was $200, I'm just a little hesitant to ripping the nice stainless exhaust off I guess, looks like pretty nice stuff. I'm going to see what EGT's I get when I remove the muffler, I have a brand new BD muffler I could slide in place of factory. :D

stretch
02-17-2003, 16:46
Sorry, I meant Loyal, Wi.

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

We have blondes, bikini's, lakes and plenty of snow, at least this year !!! (today especially)