PDA

View Full Version : TS Performance Loader for Duramax

ccds
11-13-2002, 06:41
Did a search to see if anyone here has had any experience with the new loader available from TS Perf. Couldn't find the information I was looking for.

Would like to know if anyone is using this performace upgrade and how it is working?

Thanks

smile.gif

schnier
11-14-2002, 10:08
ANYONE?

Buck
11-14-2002, 13:25
I believe Terry (tpitt)is running the TS power loader! Where is that guy tongue.gif

tpitt
11-14-2002, 20:01
Sorry guys,
It's not me using the T.S. Performance loader. I may try one sometime though. I have the "hot" juice and its more power than I need. tpitt

ccds
11-14-2002, 21:45
I talked to John at Kennedy diesel and he said to wait a couple of weeks and he will have more info on the loader so thats where I am at right now.

Want something but willing to wait and see...

smile.gif

DMG
11-16-2002, 22:35
I have been running the Power Loader II with a 3 position switch for a couple of days without pulling anything yet. Will not be pulling until 12/23/02, when I make an 1800 mile pull to Texas with a 36 foot, 15,000 lb. 5th wheel. Will you give you a follow up report then and also, anytime that I have anything new to report. So far I am very impressed with what I see. The power deliver is very smooth and linear from a row on to full throttle, in all 3 switch positions. Also, so far, I have not experienced any defueling during shifts. The shifts are firm but smooth, without any banging. I have not seen any black smoke, I know that some of you like that but I would rather kick their rear ends in stealth mode. I leave them wondering how they got their buts kicked by a "stock" truck. The only negatives that I have to report is that the installation instructions suck. I have given them feed back on this and I am sure that they will be improved very soon. I have not run it in position 3 very long but it runs like a scolded dog. I don't have guages installed and B-4 anyone tells me about the importance of guages, I already know that. I had them on my 2 previous Powerstrokes. The Duramax ran stronger stock that the PS's did pumped up and I didn't think that I was going to do anything other than the 4" exhaust and air filter that I did right away. Later I decided that I could not resist letting the Duramax run to its potential, whether I needed the additional power or not. Power is like money, you can never have to much.

Happy Maxing,

DMG

[ 11-17-2002: Message edited by: DMG ]</p>

mtomac
11-16-2002, 23:07
I live in Caledonia. Maybe we could meet up some time and compare boxes.

kerry witherspoon
11-21-2002, 19:09
like what you posted have considerd the power loader for my duramax but concerned in cannada dealer warrranty isues. But does it go well,your impression over stock is it worth it.

DMG
11-22-2002, 09:23
Kerry:

I have continued to be impressed with the Power Loader II since my earlier post. It does not have the problems that various version of the Juice have gone thru. The installation is a little more involved if you want the 3 outputs and 3 position switch. It will require removeing the computers and wiring in a switch into pin location 69 and wiring the other side to ground. As far as I am concerned it is more that worth the money. I addition it will work well with the manual transmission. I purchased mine from WJ's Performance Center and the website is as follows:

www.***performance.com

Good luck,

Dave

kerry witherspoon
11-22-2002, 18:31
is there price lower than t.s performance and have you towed with it.

DMG
11-22-2002, 19:46
Kerry:

Yes, the price was lower but I would get a current price from both. I have not towed with it yet. I will not be leaving for Texas (1800 miles)until 12/23/02 and I will post my findings and I arrive. The only difference on the trip can be head wind.I made the same trip last year and I track all fuel usage.

Dave