PDA

View Full Version : Juice Failure??

Forced Induction
02-19-2003, 10:04
Has anyone heard of a juice box crapping out and failing to work or add power?? For the past week or so it seems as though the truck is running at reduced or stock power eventhought the juice is on level 4. I believe my version is 3.41. The confirmation still checks in as L4 but there is a major loss of power. I just changed the fuel filter yesterday (10k on truck) thinking maybe it was partially plugged and restricting high rpm fuel flow, but that did not solve the problem. It almost seems as if the turbo is much louder also but there is no power associated with the whistle. When the weather around here gets better I will test the truck with and with-out the box to see if there is a change in power. It feels as if something is restricted but I can't see what it could be. Exhaust is stock, intake is K&N, box is about 8 months old. If you guys have any suggestions I would appreciate it. I don't have a G-tech for accurate measurements but it should feel quite different. I did a search for juice related problems but found nothing. I remeber reading about a box that failed and caused a no start/run problem but this must be different. I will do more testing but it sure feels very week.
Thanks for any help you guys could give.
Maybe I'm just going nuts and need the Hot Juice!?!? :D :D

NFLDMAX
02-19-2003, 10:06
Sorry to hear that....keep us posted

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: NFLDMAX ]</p>

mtomac
02-19-2003, 13:24
You may already know this but the juice won't add power until the coolant temp is over 180 degrees.

Also check to see if the foil sticker is still stuck to the inner fender and has not fallen off and gotten sucked in the airbox

Forced Induction
02-19-2003, 14:35
The engine is fully warmed up when I stand on for all the tests. Approx. 195F. The air filter is free of obstructions and no foil stickers are found anywhere. Can the juice be disconnected without removing the setting first and can I just remove it and reinstall it without any problems?? On my ride home tonight, I will be testing it again, but I fear it will be the same no power problem. I hope you guys can give me some insight into this. I'm sure I can always contact Arron and see what he says, maybe I will have to send it in to be checked out, but I hope not, I'm already in withdraw. Thanks Again!! smile.gif
JA

mackin
02-19-2003, 20:15
Forced Induction

"Can the juice be disconnected without removing the setting first and can I just remove it and reinstall it without any problems??"

Yes ......

Current settings will be retained when reinstalled......Your current version should be on the label on bottom of box.....You should upgrade nevertheless.....

MAC

NWDmax
02-19-2003, 20:28
I concur with what Mackin said.

I had version #3.51c regular and did the 4.61 HOT upgrade through John Kennedy.The engine runs smoother with no "fishbite" and is more responsive to throttle input.

Good luck Forced Induction.
Blake smile.gif

Forced Induction
02-20-2003, 05:58
Thanks guys for your input, I appreciate it. I drove the truck home yesterday and yeehaa, full power. The only problem is that I didn't do anything other than check the connections and move the box a little. Oh well, we'll see what happens, she had full power this morning also.
As far as the upgrade, I would love to go to the HOT version but am very scared of the trans., it seems as if something is not quite right in the torque converter now from racing so I'm trying to see how she holds together. I also don't like the limp mode, which only occurs in 5th gear from what I read, but it still doesn't seem good for the trans. BTW, when the trans goes limp, is it because the clutches in the trans are slipping or the torque converter clutch?? And as far as just a version upgrade goes, I hear mixed remarks that their trucks are slower with the new versions, I love the box except that it does fishbite quite a bit, especially when accelerating hard in 5th, not to mention cruise. Does anyone have the latest Std. version (4.61 I think), that upgraded from a lower version?
Has anyone used the new ATS torque converter and trans upgrade? I know JK was testing them and now offers them, just looking for feedback.

Thanks again for all your help,
Jason

TexasMax
02-20-2003, 07:32
Hey Forced, sounds like you and I have the same taste in vehicles. I have a 71 Chevy short bed 4x4, a 2002 Chevy CC D/A, and just bought a 67 Firebird convertible for my wife. Gotta love GM! :D