PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary tank...

Diesel Duck
11-13-2002, 21:10
I'ved got a new C/C 2500HD on the way. I'm accustomed to long mileage between fillup's with my Suburban & am considering another tank in the bed.

What are the disavantages, besides loss of space?

Where can I purchase one of these & how difficult are they to install?

Thanks much!

TBC
11-13-2002, 22:07
I have a 42 gal tank/toolbox combo I bought from Northern Tool and Equiptment. They had the best price. I had to buy a valve and float kit from Auxiliary Truck Accessories in Garland, TX. They were the only one I could find that would sell me the installation kit without buying the tank from them. The kit includes a 6 port valve, guage float, hoses, clamps, etc and instructions. It is not hard to install. The hardest part is cutting a section out of the factory stainless steel lines and mounting the valve. It really is not that difficult to do though. Run wires and mount switch. The valve is necessary to flow return fuel back to the tank it came from and it allows you to select the tank and keeps each tank as a separate system. I really like my set up. With the 26 gal factory tank and 42 gallon aux tank and about 50-50 hwy and in town driving I can run about 1000 miles. Last fillup was 1083 miles. My normal driving I fill up about every 4-5 weeks. I will be glad to answer any questions you might have. email at tbcobb@mindspring.com. The Aux Truck Access email is auxiliarytruck.com. Be blessed.