PDA

View Full Version : Dome lights and Mirror Temp display

germ1
02-20-2003, 08:24
I just installed my boost and EGT gauges. Everything went perfectly. They are pillar mounted gauges.(Isspro)

My problem is that now none of my dome lights work including map lights, interior dome and the mirror temp has a strange reading. The cargo lamp indicator on the dash remains lit even though the lamp on the exterior of the cab is out. I have checked the fuse and it appears ok.

As you know, I didn't mess with the lighting system during gauge installation. Gauges work perfectly. Any suggestions?

TSimpler
02-20-2003, 10:31
Sounds like you clipped or grounded some of the wires in the "A" Piller, pill the piller and look at the wiring in the piller.

I know because I did the same thing when drilling the holes to mount the new piller ontop of the old. Shuuussss dont tell anyone that I did that

I'll give ya 4:1 odds thats what it is.

Trent

GMC D-Max
02-20-2003, 10:47
Ditto what TSimpler said!
There's a bundle of about 14 wires that run up the pillar. Sounds like you've grounded or crossed a few with your mounting screws!

Tudge
02-20-2003, 12:15
Exact same thing happened to me - clipped a wire when drilling the mounting holes.

germ1
02-20-2003, 12:26
Thanks, TSimpler you were right on. Pulled the piller and there she was clipped right through. Spliced the wire, replaced the 15 amp fuse and bingo.

TSimpler
02-20-2003, 19:10
Any time. It happens to the best of us

Trent