PDA

View Full Version : Normal juice 4.61 first impressions

Maxter
11-14-2002, 09:31
Got a card in the mail yesterday morning that said "We trid to deliver your package but you were not home"... Waited forever until 4 pm for the mail truck to drop off his "undelivered" at the convenience store.

Got the box it's the Juice. Damn, I can't wait, move the truck to the back of the Church's parking lot on the other side of the street.

Read the instructions carefully and went for it. The top connector goes off easy but the second one is very close to the wire support bracket... quick a screwdriver to undo it... can't find any, use the tip of a pen. Plug everything in and set Tow/Haul and Normal mode to level 4.

Start the truck, put it in D and BAM...in rush hour traffic, 10 mph, 20 mph sometime 30 mph. This is unbearable...

Thinks finaly calm down and I get to the hihgway. The power increase is really apparent, the rear wheels are far away in a Extended cab longbed so you don't hear them scream. My G-Tech is in another city so I can't do any tests with it. 4WD lauches are much more violents. Couldn't find any "The Fast and The Furious" cars to play with but it will come...

Now, the defuelling question... I've read many posts before and some say that the Allison will adapt and firm up the sifts a little. Presently would can really feel the defuelling. You almost feel like you're braking and then the Power comes back on.

I've done 50 miles so far and the defuelling is still there but a little less apparent in normal mode.

I have no gauges yet so I'm prudent. I have a big tow comming this weekend, My trailer is 4500# and will have 8 face cords of mapple firewood in it @ about 1200# each so it will be around 14000# total.

I've read mixed oppinions regarding the right Level, some use #2 some #4, I understand that gauges are essentials and they will be installed before then. Is level 4 dangerous when pulling this heavy?

Thanks for the infos.

JF.

sdaver
11-14-2002, 11:04
DONT DO IT WITHOUT GUAGES EGTS CLIMB REAL FAST IN FOUR ESPECIALLY LOADED......USE ONLY LEVEL 2 FOR REGULAR JUICE AND 1 FOR HOT OR SUPERJUICE :eek: ..........GET YOUR GUAGES........ DAVE

Maverick
11-14-2002, 22:51
My truck would run in the danger zone on #2. I would run #1 and no full throttle up hill runs of 3/4 of a mile or more and you should be ok till you get some gauges in (this is towing heavy mind you). If you don't, don't say nobody warned you. ;)