PDA

View Full Version : Jucie and the Dealer

Inspector
02-20-2003, 18:50
Today I was curising through Murdock Chevrolet in Bountiful Ut and right in front of the show room is a brand new 2500HD lifted LT with of all things juice emblems above the 2500HD emblems. I couldn't resist and went in and asked about it.
The folks there told me that if they install the box they will honor all warrenty issues with the truck no questions asked. He did say that if it were to become a major warrenty issue that required a factory rep they would ofcourse remove the box before he arrived. I am a personal friend of the owner of this dealership and will contact him first chance I get to get more info.
It kinda blew me away to see a truck on a new car lot with the juice installed. The question I had was if you were on a trip and had problems what would you do? The salesman said it only takes a couple of seconds to remove the box.
This was a new truck.
What do you think about them apples?
Denny

orange2
02-20-2003, 19:21
I would want that in writing. Tried to buy a 01 Dodge with a banks powerpack on it and the dealer said it had full warranty, but wouldn't give me sumthin in writing to back up his statement. I said you will have to lie you azz off if a claim cums up and they wouldn't do it. I said I didn't have the money to prove the magnuson moss law but what chance would you have when the pump wire was sliced and an xtra 140 hp is going throught the drive line? You would have nun. :cool:

Swayse
02-21-2003, 08:06
Only takes a few minutes to remove. The service guys would rather not see it.

All-tuned-up
02-21-2003, 09:28
Swayse,

Your email address is not correct on the bottom of the post, can you email me what your price is on your Juice Box?

Denny,

If I were you, and you're serious on the truck, bring a small tape recorder, place it in your jacket pocket, get the manager to intoduce himself, verify his name, mention the dealer name in the conversation regarding warranty and simply record the entire conversation. I've done this, it works very well, especially with a jacket that's got a front pocket. That way your covered mark and date the tape put it in glove box. Just an idea.

NFLDMAX
02-21-2003, 10:01
All tuned up

If you go to the classified link and go to "parts", you will find the complete add, with price

mdrag
02-21-2003, 10:55
All Tuned up,

Recording converstaions without permission CAN be illegal and get YOU in trouble in some states. I know for a fact that in Oklahoma, as long as ONE of the involved parties knows of the recording - it is perfectly legal to record conversations, whether that conversation is in person or on the phone (local or out of state).

So your example would be LEGAL in Oklahoma, but ILLEGAL in other states. If your significant other started to record all phone calls because of suspected extracuricular activities - and neither you or the other party knew the recording was taking place - that would be ILLEGAL in Oklahoma.

Remember Monica Lewinsky's friend got into much legal trouble recording telephone conversations without the other parties' knowledge. The issue was eventually dropped , but after much legal hassle, $$$$, and the high profile nature of the situation...

Check your local laws before recording converstations without permission.

orange2
02-21-2003, 13:44
I bought a duramax instead. The dodge only had 27000 miles on it and the tranny would shutter like hell sometimes. They said they would cover the tranny but they wanted way to much for the truck, 31500 and it only booked for 28. That was too much for me, I got this duramax for over 3000 less and know it has a warranty, at least till I get the predator on it. tongue.gif

FisHn2DMax
02-22-2003, 00:30
Inspector,

Hi Neighbor! I go by this Chev dealership many times a week. I knew they sold new trucks with 285 tires and other added toys. Did you notice what the extra cost was for this "Juiced" version? Sometimes they post an extra options /dealer installed window sticker in them. Did they put the juice box on the extra window sticker? If someone bought the truck based on the posted window stickers, and the price of these extra dealer installed options were also on the Utah Motor Vehicle contract of Sale. (as required under Utah Law) MurDock Chevrolet would be fully responsible for any effect of these dealer installed options to the vehicle factory warranty! The only way around this is if they did NOT include the juice in the Vehicle Sale Contract and sold it under a seperate invoice as an accessory. However, this would be a violation of the law, if option was dealer installed (pre-sale) and window stickered.

Bottom line is Murdock is flirting with major legal problems by installing items that could void the factory warranty!

If you know one of the Murdocks boy's, you might want to ask them how they plan to deal with the legal ramifications should GM not honor a warranty claim due to the Juice? I'm really curious how they plan to sell DMax's equiped with the Juice, while honoring the OEM warranty as per Utah "NEW vehicle" contract Law? :eek:

mackin
02-22-2003, 06:46
Me I wouldn't rub salt in their eyes,or administer smelling salts......I would just say COOL and not purchase from them a truck with aftermarket toys.....

You guys have an ace in the hole with a dealer that will work with ya and NOT point fingers with add on's......

You won't get away with it any where else, or dealer I should say, as they are independently owned and operated ..... They make up rules as the go along so as it appears ......

A dealer you can go to with Propane,AFE intake, BIG tube out back, Lift kit, Monster meats, and the HOT JUICE box, complain about limp mode, and they will take a look and see what they can do, and you want to tattle tail ????? Forgetaboutit,I'm relocating !!!!!!

So enjoy your find, don't rock the boat.......

MAC :D :D :D

Duramaxerado
02-22-2003, 11:35
Mackn, im with you!!! ;)

obb
02-22-2003, 12:25
Makin is right dont mess with a good thing ..Plus i use these guys for service and so far they are great .I would not like to hear them say...(sorry we had some customers complain about us doing warrantty work on a truck with juice so we cant do it any more..) Thats all we need some one to screw a ggod thing up for the rest of us

FisHn2DMax
02-22-2003, 18:47
Hey guy's,

I'm not advocating anyone complain!! Just get the facts and cover your a$$ with legal contract paperwork when buying a NEW vehicle with dealer installed equipment that has potential to void the OEM Warranty.

I think it's important that no one be mislead or find out the dealer wasn't telling the truth later on! Better to know upfront, than end up with costly non-warranted repairs and an expensive legal battle on your hands!

This Dealer like a number of others around here are selling NEW D'MAX with lifts, 4" exhaust, 285 tires, Juice Box and the many other aftermarket goodies, but I know for a fact and with personal experience that you can be mis-lead if you think they'll stand behind you on all warranty claims! That is why you should make sure they list all those add-on's on the NEW vehicle contract as part of the initial NEW vehicle sale and not on a seperate parts/accessory invoice!

I think it's great we have so many dealers selling NEW D/A's with all the aftermarket toy's, but just because they sold the truck with all the aftermarket toy's, doesn't mean they'll necessarily honor the GM warranty as a result!
smile.gif

Inspector
02-23-2003, 00:13
Stopped by the dealer again today and the supplemental sticker next to the delivery sticker includes the goodies that they installed and the juice which was listed as a power chip priced at $849 installed.
Denny