PDA

View Full Version : Stinky (NOT!) Fuel

conradv
11-14-2002, 18:55
Talked to a few people over the last few days who commented on the "bad smell" of diesel fuel. I had to laugh. I think that Gasoline smells a lot worse, and the smell of diesel invokes memories of working out on my grandpa's potato farm (yep I'm from Idaho, but the NORTHERN part) and filling up the tractors running the irrigation pumps at midnight with the moon & stars out. I've never thought that diesel was smelly - is it just me?

mackin
11-14-2002, 19:20
Nope !!!!!! Diesel fuel is good.......Gas stinks .......

MAC :D

mcfly
11-14-2002, 21:03
I enjoy them both!

-Rick

Paintdude
11-14-2002, 21:18
Maybe your friends are just to delicate... :D

I can see them now wearing rubber gloves to fuel up and a resporator...I keep a pair of Jersey Gloves in the bed for fillinf the AUX tank...

Swayse
11-15-2002, 08:18
Gas stinks, unless it's mixxed with two stroke oil. :D

dieselburb
11-15-2002, 10:44
That's funny, since I run a fuel station and often come home smelling like diesel. It's very fragrant yes, stinky, NO! 87 octane smells bad but 100 octane is like the smell of apple pie to me. But diesel brings back memories for some reason. Must be because they don't refine it so much. On another note, does anyone else think their truck exhaust smells like rubbing alcohol? To me it doesn't really smell like diesel.

sdaver
11-15-2002, 10:55
ONE OF MY FORK LIFT OPERATORS WIFE WEARS OFF ROAD #2 AS PERFUME.....SHE SAYS IT GETS HIM TO STEP UP AND DO HIS WORK.....IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.....DAVE :D :D