PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible??????????????????

SUPER SIZED DMAX
02-21-2003, 13:34
Its way to cold out here in canada and i cant afford a espar heater yet so i was thinking if thier is a way to route a hose (metal) around the exhaust some where to help the coolant heat up have gagues and see exhaust temp comes on quick engine heat almost nothing thier for a long time

Just a thought
Dan

NoMo
02-21-2003, 14:52
Is there no way to plug in the block heater? Or does it just not do a good enough job?

One thing to consider if using exhaust would be shutting the heat off once the engine came up to temp. Would need some kind of temperature-sensing valve- or a manual one.

Heartbeat Hauler
02-21-2003, 15:11
Besides an engine coolant heater, there are kits for installing an engine oil heater(installs in the oil pan). Works the same way and would do wonders for cold cranking.
JP

SUPER SIZED DMAX
02-21-2003, 15:45
its not the cold starting that im trying to help out the block heater works great its getting heat into the cab quicker i live about 7 miles from work fire the truck up in the moring warm up about 10 to 15 min then take off no cab heat get to work cab heat just starts to come on and engine temp only at 1/4 to 1/2 them fancy cold fronts dont do squat but rub the chrome to a dull finish with the espar the motor is allready a op temp and you can wire the heater fan to circ so the cab is warm too guess i will have to just tough it out until i can afford the espar

Thanks guys

srubrn
02-21-2003, 18:17
You can buy a 12-volt heater that plugs into your cigerette lighter, to put in your cab. Just plug it in when you crank it up and let the the cab warm up while your engine is warming.

Viking
02-21-2003, 21:50
Just what are you taking about. Everybody in the cold country knows about 110volt plug in interior truck warmers.

AKDmax
02-21-2003, 23:50
Yup, used to keep my old Jeep wagoneer warm enough to melt the snow on the windshield. Even when it was -30. Check this link for an example. http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=189821&BQ=jcw2

SUPER SIZED DMAX
02-22-2003, 11:22
thank you for the replies

just trying to get it to warm up a little faster thinking of elec fan clutch you can turn on and off or bite the bullet and buy the espar hydronic heater