PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

orange2
02-21-2003, 22:16
The Ford and Dodge forums have 2 pages of new posts a day and this one has about 5 new posts a day, What a waste of 15 dollars for the priviledge of sharing info with like 5 people, go to the diesel stop or tdr to see for yourself, are we that big of minority? I have found alot of info by doing searches which makes it worth while, does this place really have 9000 members? Maybe its just that time of year. Has it always been this slow? I suppose since the duramax is only acouple years old is the answer to my question. Or are these trucks just that dam good? :D

DMAX Daddy
02-21-2003, 22:21
Actually its hit and miss. Some days its really busy around here. Maybe everyone is out checking out their new Predators!

Duramaxerado
02-21-2003, 22:26
nevermind.....

Im just a piece of **** from labusas so what do i know?? :rolleyes:

[ 02-21-2003: Message edited by: Duramaxerado ]</p>

NFLDMAX
02-21-2003, 22:28
I'm here, but I'm not a paying member, so I probably don't count :rolleyes:

sdaver
02-21-2003, 22:48
most of the old crusty ones go to bed early.... :D dave

orange2
02-21-2003, 22:48
Gixx, so am I. I'm just bored, my daughter is here this weekend so I am home for the weekend and she is sleeping so I got nuthin to do. Seems topics get real big here or they get no replies at all. Just going through all the searches I did led me to believe this was an active place, I suppose it was just all the excitement of a new motor and all the new parts for it. I thought the Predator being released would get a bigger reponse. Oh well. Got mine but it didn't work, so I will have a new one on Monday. The screen would not come up on the thing, no big deal to me. James was real good about getting another one overnited to me but no ups on saturday in my area or I would have it tomorrow. Glad to hear the mostly good reports. I didn't want to put that on a big thread because i think some guys have been pretty hard on James about this predator issue. :cool:

ChopperBill
02-21-2003, 22:58
Hey! How do you get to post without paying??? :eek:

pinehill
02-21-2003, 22:59
Yeah, it's pretty boring here. No wild assertions, no inane chatter, no trash talk, no chest beating, no malicious attacks, no posturing. This really cuts down on the number of posts. :(

[ 02-21-2003: Message edited by: pinehill ]</p>

sdaver
02-21-2003, 23:12
hey guys I hear sadam hussein drives a dodge diesel with french curtins on the back windows :D :D dave

orange2
02-21-2003, 23:15
Pinehill, I ain't saying it should be like that, just from when I was doing searches to find out everthing I could on the duramx their seemed to be alot more topics, maybe there actually wasn't, i don't know. Its wierd, the mos tactive topic got stopped, even though it was just a little fun bullshi ing.

pinehill
02-21-2003, 23:41
Yeah, completely weird. :rolleyes:

king D
02-22-2003, 07:12
hey guys i know what you mean about post on the tdr but instead of the volume look at the quality.90 percent of the .... said over there is also by a select few that have to speak on everything and dont know jack.however there are some members that really know what is going on and if you read enough over there you know who to pay attetion to and who to ignore.oh yeah did i mention iwas a member of the tdr,but dont post to often.anyway my point is look for quality of post not the amount of them.and also lets face it as more mods amd miles come for the dmax there will be more post.jess

mackin
02-22-2003, 08:18
ChopperBill

Your paying ????? :confused: :confused: tongue.gif

Duramaxerado

You need to do something about your self esteem.....Perhaps when you get your Dmax.....

sdaver

:D :D

KingD

Never seen you over on the Maxi-pad,Dura-dud site????

Same name ??

MAC :D :D :D

TraceF
02-22-2003, 08:30
I had another idea for a humor forum but I don't want any more retailers calling or e-mailing me (except to say my order is on the way) so I'll just keep it to myself.

It seemed like most people I heard from liked "I'm afraid" but the retailers were offended.

One message gave an 8 for the first post and a 9 for the trans and diff filter post (on the humor scale).

I was just cuttin' up. No harm intended.

king D
02-22-2003, 16:41
king24v on the tdr,but i dont post much,i like to read all the wisdom from the others.no kidding here some of those guys really know there stuff.

Rick T
02-23-2003, 09:55
I look in on this site very regularly, primarily for alerts on potential problems: definitely a good source for that sort of information. My perception is that there is a predominance of discussion on performance upgrades and less discussion of practical truck applications compared with the Ford and Dodge sites.

The truck hasn't changed a great deal since its introduction. Accessories and such have been pretty well sorted out (save for new performance enhancements), the trucks work well. Not that much to talk about, really.

sonofagun
02-23-2003, 18:31
orange2,

I've been around a couple of years and can't count the great info I have gotten from this site. There is little BS, little bashing, mostly just good info. When you take all the trash off most sites the number of posts drops way off.

Your money is well spent. Hang in there.

My 2c anyhoo.

Bob

Captain Mal
02-23-2003, 19:11
Orange2,

It's often like this couple with the Duramax I talked with at the marina today. Asked him about his truck and he mentioned there was 35,000 miles on it.

I asked him how often he changed his fuel filter and if he had any problems.

He said, "What fuel filter?"

....many drive...some talk.

orange2
02-23-2003, 19:40
I was just kidding about the 15 bucks. I have gotten alot of info from this site in a very short time, the opinions I got here helped me to make up my mind whether or not to buy a duramax as I was a cummins guy. Maybe I am just on here to much and run out of things to read. :D

D-max Man
02-24-2003, 06:42
Well let