PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Oil Changes 03 Duramax

Steve Cornell
11-16-2002, 12:27
Just wondering about everyone thoughts??

I have always changed my own oil but my dealer will do an oil change with GM filter and GM oil (Mobil Delvac ??) for $28 for as long as I own my Duramax, I trust this dealer (small town) and I thought I would just let them change the oil, this should elimanate any warrenty questions and I don't have to worry about disposing of 10 quarts of oil.

Sounds like a "heck of a deal" to me, what's everyone think?

[ 11-17-2002: Message edited by: Steve Cornell ]</p>

GMC-2002-Dmax
11-16-2002, 13:02
Steve,

Like you I am concerned long term about warranty issues. I am of the beleif that if the dealer changes the oil and filter it is documented without any question!!!!

Should any problems arise it is my beleif that the Dealer and GM will have a harder time denying coverage. I have also found that my small town dealer takes very, very good care of my needs, going so far as picking my truck up and delivering it back to me :D

I am very happy with the service from the dealer and it is nice to not get dirty and have to dispose of the oil.

GMC ;)

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

mdadgar
11-17-2002, 09:42
That's extremely cheap. It costs me $65 at the local dealer to get the oil changed.

- Mark
'02 D-Max

imported_
11-17-2002, 10:07
Dealer i was using was charging $24.99 for oil change w/filter. But now there raising the price to over $50.00. They use a castrol brand motor oil that Chevy recommends for the Duramax. Iam still deciding if i want to go with Synthetiic or just stay with conventional oils.

Steve Cornell
11-17-2002, 10:30
My dealer is using the GM diesel oil in the black GM containers (anyone know what this is?) the service manager says he believes its Mobil?

They also have Synthetic diesel oil if I want to go that way and I just pay the difference.

This a deal that my dealer offers their "prefered customers" :D

Kirkes
11-17-2002, 14:02
Part of the deal i made with the dealer was free oil and lube for as long as i own the truck.
Don't you think thats saving me big $$$$$$$$$$$

AKDmax
11-17-2002, 14:27
Not likely you'll get synthetic oil with a filter change for 28 bucks. You can change your own cheaper than that using Rotella. If you can handle letting the lot guy do your oil change then it's a great deal. You really didn't think a certified tech would do oil changes, did you?? Warranty isn't an issue if you keep records of your maintenance. Changing your own oil also gives you an opportunity to check the undercarriage of your truck for problems. Just my $.02.