PDA

View Full Version : Edge Products Inc. service and support

TraceF
02-22-2003, 08:48
This was posted on another forum-

"Lots of good buys on EBay?? Who's going to handle any support issues you might have on something like the Juice??

I called EPI last week and asked for technical support. I talked for about 10 minutes to a fellow who told me that a Juice box bought on eBay would be supported by them directly or by the authorized seller- no problem.

I inquired about the seller and was given a positive recommendation. The tech said they were reputable and experienced with Edge products.

His only caution was to be sure the date on the bottom of the unit was current because the warranty starts from the time the unit is acquired by the reseller. This seemed odd to me but we were discussing refurb units so maybe this is their policy.

I have ordered a refurb from a distributor. The UPS tracking tells me it will be here Monday. I'll check the date but other than this I feel pretty confident that Edge will support the product completely if I want to deal directly with them.

After all, isn't the retailer just gonna send it to them anyway?

FirstDiesel
02-22-2003, 09:03
The difference is most vendors try to protect their distributors against low balling EBayers and other retailers like that. This is not a market that vendors sell 100,000 or each product they desgin. They need a return on their product and so do their distributors. If they support the low ballers they cut the profit of their legit distributors. I for one would gladly pay someone like JK 595 to buy a refurbed Juice rather than deal with an Ebay unknown for 545. No I'm not rich but I'm willing tyo pay for the support someone like JK gives.

TraceF
02-22-2003, 09:18
Come on First Diesel. I don't think you meant to do this.

You just bashed Edge twice <<The difference is most vendors try to protect their distributors>>

<<If they support the low ballers they cut the profit of their legit distributors.>>

and you bashed the eBay seller. How do you know he isn't legit? You don't even know who he is!

This annoys the $hit out of me.

What we consumers decide to buy should be the best quality, at the best price we can find. Yesterday alone there were 2 NEW Juice boxes sold below $595 on ebay.

I am all for supporting good vendors, in fact I suggested a forum where we rank them, it's in General Diesel. It was completely unbiased because repeat posters could be disqualified if the post didn't represent a change of opinion.

Wasn't interesting enough I guess.

Vendor's friends and other vendors supporting vendors is hype and most people don't like hype.

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: TraceF ]</p>

FirstDiesel
02-22-2003, 14:25
I guess you don't get my point and no I DIDN'T bash Edge at all.

And I'm sorry if I annoyed the **** out of you but people that try to get the lowest price and then want the manufacturer to support them like they bought from a legit dealer annoy me!

If Edge provides direct support to you after you bought a low ball Juice box from an unauthorized vendor how do they help their legitimate vendors stay in business??

Guys that low ball on places like Ebay usually don't have the overhead that someone like JK does. Why? Maybe because they work out of their house and do no support since they are nothing but resellers.

Yes, I'm all for getting the best price but not by buying from EBay vendor that isn't going to be there when I need him.

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: FirstDiesel ]</p>

TraceF
02-22-2003, 14:36
Same question-

how do you know he is not a legitimate dealer?

Even West Marine sells on eBay now.

FirstDiesel
02-22-2003, 14:42
He might be a legimate dealer. Does he state he is an authorized EDGE dealer??? But I'm sorry most legitimate AUTHORIZED dealers do not have to resort to selling their products through EBay and I distrust those who do.

BTW, the other point is that people that buy lowball priced items and then expect the manufacturer to provide direct support for them are just raising the prices for other people since the manufacturer is absorbing the costs for the support that an authorized dealer would be providing.

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: FirstDiesel ]</p>

TraceF
02-22-2003, 15:34
What's the difference between authorized and legitimate? The spelling?

If you read my first post, Edge doesn't seem to mind. &lt;&lt; I inquired about the seller and was given a positive recommendation. The tech said they were reputable and experienced with Edge products. &gt;&gt;

If they don't mind, why do you mind- sooo much?

Hmmm......

:confused:

Do I smell retailer? Disguised?

BTW- Edge is ALWAYS absorbing the cost of the support. You think the resellers have the ability to write programs on these plug-ins. NO. They can upgrade. That's it. The rest goes back to EPI.

Let it alone.

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: TraceF ] :rolleyes:

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: TraceF ]</p>

FirstDiesel
02-22-2003, 16:34
One last try and then I give up.

First of all I'm not a retailer. I'm a user of this site like you and I beleive in supporting people that help ME. Not always the person with the best price, true, but sometimes it's nice to PAY the person that helps you a lot.

It's sorta like Diesel welfare. You want to get the best price for something and then go ahead and use the vendors here for advice. They need to make their money somewhere. They're not making it from you so I guess they have to make it from some of the others. But yet you get to ask the questions and benefit from the advice.

TraceF
02-22-2003, 16:39
First Diesel-

With every bit of this I agree.

This is THE ESSENCE of an open forum.

Not problem hype.

Not problem fix hype.

Information exchanged, opinions, ideas, some real data, etc.

This is what I like about open forums. :D

sdaver
02-22-2003, 17:15
Duramax Edge EZ Juice Box 110 HP BRAND NEW
Item # 2404215465

Item located in: Parts & Accessories: Car & Truck: Computer, Chip, Cruise Control: Performance Chips

Current bid US $700.00 (reserve met) Starting bid US $650.00
Quantity 1 # of bids 2 (Bid history)
Time left 1 days, 20 hours + Location Billerica, MA
Country United States
Started Feb-17-03 11:56:04 PST (Mail this auction to a friend)
Ends Feb-24-03 11:56:04 PST Watch this item

Seller (rating) wildcardracing(3)
(View seller's feedback) (view seller's other items) (ask seller a question)

High bidder bgsmoke(0)

PayPal: Fast, easy, secure payment. Learn More.

Payment PayPal, or money order/cashiers check.

Shipping Buyer pays actual shipping charges. Will ship to United States only.

Item Revised Before
Starting Bid To review revisions made to this item by the seller, click here .

Description

Duramax Edge EZ Juice Box 110HP!! NOT 90 - NEW!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 positions - Adjusts from cab of truck- stock, 70hp and 110hp.

UP TO 300 foot lbs of torque

INSTALLS IN MINUTES

This is an $850 chip that we sell everyday for $750!

This isn't the 90 HP like everyone else is selling, this is the 110HP. As for the 125HP, call some of the dealers and ask why they aren't carrying them - testing has shown HIGH EXHAUST TEMPS that may cause engine damage.

Look at the specs - torque gains are similar without taking the chance of burning something up.

The Dyno Dominator is installed by plugging into the wiring harnesses found above the drivers side engine valve cover. Simply unplug the two stock connections and plug the Dyno Dominator in between. The switch can then be mounted in a suitable place in the cab.

The switch has three positions; stock, 70hp and 110hp. Horsepower is gained by advancing and lengthening fuel injection timing. The Dyno Dominator also senses transmission slippage and reduces horsepower before slipping occurs.

VISA, MASTERCARD, PAYPAL, MONEY ORDERS ACCEPTED!!

WE ARE AN AUTHORIZED RESELLER for BULLYDOG TECHNOLOGIES - EXHAUST, CHIPS - CHEVY, FORD, AND DODGE. WE ARE ALSO YOUR ONE STOP SHOP FOR YOUR SNOWMOBILE PERFORMANCE NEEDS.

CALL WILDCARDPERFORMANCE.xxx TODAY! 978-xxx-3314
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Feb-21-03 at 07:51:24 PST, seller added the following information:

PLEASE NOTE OUR DISTRIBUTOR CHANGED SUPPLIERS DUE TO QUALITY ISSUES THIS IS NOT A DURAMAX BUT A VAN AAKEN CHIP. SAME SPECS, BETTER QUALITY.
On Feb-21-03 at 08:37:25 PST, seller added the following information:
Please note that we can't change the picture with a bid, this was the picture for the EDGE chips that we were selling. The chip still installs the same way and has our distributors logo on top of the chip. Please call or email with questions. Thanks!

THIS IS JUST THE WAY ITS POSTED CURRENTLY ON EBAY TODAY, RIGHT NOW......AND ITS BULL$HIT.....SOMEONE UNIFORMED WOULD THINK THERE GETTIN A JUICE MODULE BUT INSTEAD A DYNO DOMINATOR........THE PICTURES ARE OF A JUICE MODULE ALSO.........THERE IS ONE LINE THAT SAYS ITS A DYNO DOMINATOR(NEAR THE END) AND THEY COULDNOT CHANGE THE PICTURE...............THE RUMORED STATEMENTS ABOUT THE JUICE ARE BS.....THIS WHAT YOU HAVE TO LOOK OUT FOR AND WHY YOU NEED A DEALER LIKE KENNEDY ON YOUR SIDE......BUYER BEWARE.....MY LATIN IS RUSTY(BY THE WAY ALL CAPS ON PURPOSE I AM YELLING!) :mad: DAVE

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: sdaver ]</p>

Toddster
02-22-2003, 17:26
Yeh dave, I saw this a$$hole and his BS on e-bay....He should be booted !

FirstDiesel
02-22-2003, 18:15
Nah Trace

You still don't get it. I beleive in paying to get my support. I think supporting the vendors that support me is worth the extra money.

txtuner
02-22-2003, 22:45
I normally wouldn't post on something like this, but it is an intersting thread.

The guy selling the juice-dominator simply just has no clue as to what is going on. I don't know if he was mis-informed or is just reckless? I would doubt that if he is an "authorized" Bullydog dealer that he would be so mis-informed? So on this account I completely agree about being very careful on who you buy from.

On the flip side I think that you can get very legit, good deals on E-bay. I know that one of our dealers has used it with good luck, and like any other customer, ebay customers for him get the same service a normal customer would recieve.

I think that now days you just need to be careful as there is good and bad everywhere!

.02 worth
Quad

TBC
02-23-2003, 00:59
Since the post where all this started was mine I want to clarify something. The seller is a legitmate dealer. Go to his website or give them a call. I checked before I bought. I won't buy a product like this before checking. If you go back to the site I provided the name of the seller. It is obtainable by emailing them from Ebay. Don't be too quick to critizize before you check the facts. It is always embarassing and makes you look like a fool. I also check one other seller and he too is a legitimate dealer. Ebay is a quick way to market and I can assure that there is money being made or they wouldn't sell. Nobody sells a loss or they don't stay in business long.

Tom Cobb

TraceF
02-23-2003, 02:56
TBC-

Well stated.

germ1
02-23-2003, 08:29
Hey First Diesel,

I agree with your thought, it is not just the price. I think being able to call people like John Kennedy has to be worth something!

FirstDiesel
02-23-2003, 08:33
People who have to buy for the best possible price and also expect to get full service amaze me. Wait until you have a problem with something you got from some "authorized" dealer from EBay. Are you going to get the same help you get from someone like JK?? I wonder and that alone makes it worth a few bucks to me.

CPMac632
02-23-2003, 08:41
I see both sides but I also feel Ebay could be cheap advertisement for an reputable dealer. There are several that the reserve is set at normal retail. What is the current retail for a Juice, I thought it used to be 799 and I knew a dealer that said they would cancel his dealership if they caught him selling one under 749.

sdaver
02-23-2003, 09:02
I buy lots off ebay knives, cameras, gtech,radar dectectors,dvds, etc......my point is just this buyer beware and unless you are sure what your getting, you take a chance for a deal.........8 to 10 percent more you can usually buy from a established vendor.(there are those on ebay but check their feedback) in regards to performance items I would be more inclined to buy from a dealer but if i found a deal I might just jump on it.(if I got burned it would be my fault) I think the good will of edge products goes a long way here........Aaron has been very good to me. There support is unmatched......... :D dave

[ 02-23-2003: Message edited by: sdaver ]

[ 02-23-2003: Message edited by: sdaver ]</p>

Toddster
02-23-2003, 09:35
Well stated ? NOT ! Don't even try and back up this totally irresponsable e-bay sales tactic ! Is it a VA, or a Juice, or Joes discount speed shop re-label ? Picture of a Juice...."This isn't the 90 HP like everyone else is selling, this is the 110HP. As for the 125HP, call some of the dealers and ask why they aren't carrying them - testing has shown HIGH EXHAUST TEMPS that may cause engine damage." What kind of crap is this ! Good sales pitch ? Slaming a product he used to sell to sell another ? So who is foolish and or embarased ? Cretianly not the dudes here who questioned this e-bay hybrid Dmax super chip sales pitch.....

TraceF
02-23-2003, 17:50
Todd- I don't think TBC and I are talking about the same vendor you are.

First Diesel- You sound like a broken record. First you wanted to know if the dealer was legitimate, then is he "authorized".

EDGE SAID THE DEALER WAS FINE, AND THEY WOULD PROVIDE SERVICE AND SUPPORT DIRECTLY. ON THIS PARTICULAR ITEM WHY DO I NEED THE "AUTHORIZED" DEALER???

With all due respect to Mr John Kennedy, I think Edge can service a juice box as well as anyone.

You can make all 3 of us feel better about this though, send JK $100.

tongue.gif

[ 02-23-2003: Message edited by: TraceF ]

I am all for supporting good vendors, in fact I suggested a forum where we rank them, it's in General Diesel. It was completely unbiased because repeat posters could be disqualified if the post didn't represent a change of opinion.

Wasn't interesting enough I guess.

[ 02-23-2003: Message edited by: TraceF ]</p>

Toddster
02-23-2003, 17:56
Aaahhh....

FirstDiesel
02-23-2003, 19:14
Yea, maybe I do sound like a broken record, to you.

You gonna get that discount box and your already asking questions. You gonna look for answers from people like JK??

Remember you get what you pay for. Some of us are willing to pay for what we get, some expect to get it without paying.

[ 02-23-2003: Message edited by: FirstDiesel ]</p>

NWDmax
02-23-2003, 19:34
I bought the EZ AMP from BD power before I knew anything about the Diesel Pages and guess what?
John Kennedy took care of the Hot Juice upgrade without a bunch of whining about where I got it from.As a matter of fact he didn't even ask he just did it.Now if it was just a software upgrade I'm sure he wouldn't of charged me anyway but as it is I've purchased more stuff from him as a result of how he took care of me.
If you buy a discounted item somewhere else and need assistance you'll find it.In the long run people like JK will earn your busness even if the initial contact was a "freebie".
I speak from experience as I've got a standing order with John on his fuel filter solution as soon as it is ready!
Blake :cool:

sdaver
02-23-2003, 19:43
hey nwdmax
Kenndey told me I was getting the first remote oil filter and the fuel filter....hahahah :D :D :D :D dave

NWDmax
02-23-2003, 19:49
Yeah you'll get the one with all the machining crap in it cause you are in a hurry!
The one I'll get will be the perfect and as your injectors plug I'll be thinking of you!LMAO HAHAHAHAHA!
Blake :D

mackin
02-23-2003, 20:15
I've said it before and I'll say it again, It's your CASH spend it where you want !!!!!!

Ebay is OK but it is buyer beware .... I see people buying stuff from Dealers for more then I've seen here on DP venders and other places..... Look at the AFE setup, add in shipping, that's more then I paid from a DP vender,total,and It's not sold yet.....Look at the fuel filters all ready up to 13.33 each with shipping, bet it goes higher.....Real bargain when you all know you can get them for 14 bucks (non DP vender tho)......Theres more but who cares....

That dude with his stupid Duramax windsheild stickers should be shot with every colored paint ball twice that they make !!!!!!!

And them phones AARRRGGGGGHH !!!!!!

The whole Pay Pal thing sucks too get verified 2 bucks.....If your selling they get a piece of the action too .....

Ridiculous.....

Ebay sucks,I changed my mind ........There are better ways......

MAC :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TraceF
02-24-2003, 06:31
NWDmax hit the nail dead on the head. I have spoken to John Kennedy a half-dozen times, a few before he knew me even though I introduce myself on every call- and we have exchanged e-mail maybe as many times as well.

He has always been a prince of a guy, polite, forthcoming with opinions and answers, and open to new ideas.

He has never asked me what I have purchased from him to "qualify" how much time he would spend conversing with me.

He's this way because he's smart and he knows when I can't get what information I need locally I'll go to him as a trusted source. He knows that treating everyone like this lends to the great reputation that he enjoys in his business and on this forum. He knows this leads to revenue. This is good business.

And he a great guy. He LIKES talking to people about these vehicles and projects.

Now you First Diesel. I am beginning to get your point although you aren't stating it clearly. You just criticized me in your last post for looking for help.

&lt;&lt; You gonna get that discount box and your already asking questions. You gonna look for answers from people like JK??

Remember you get what you pay for. Some of us are willing to pay for what we get, some expect to get it without paying. &gt;&gt;

Well I paid for this help FD. I paid DP to be a member so I could get exactly the kind of input I asked for. I didn't ask anyone to fix it man, I just asked for opinions on settings.

:mad:

I don't think you care that I bought a Juice Box from and "unauthorized dealer" because he isn't. Like TBC said, and as I said, I called and checked.

I don't think you care that I bought a Juice box from a "possibly not legitimate" dealer.

It's the "discount" thing that bothers you isn't it.

Would you have carried this nonsensical thread this far if I had paid $595 for a refurb from the same LEGITIMATE AUTHORIZED dealer on eBay?

FirstDiesel
02-24-2003, 17:37
No I don't give a s### if you paid 4 bucks for it. You go and buy it though because it's cheap. But you have no trouble using vendors like Kennedy for support even though you didn't buy from them. Yea, John doesn't ask what you bought from him. He's a good guy. But he has to make a living too. People keep asking vendors like him for support but don't buy from them. You know what happens?? They raise other peoples prices or they go out of business.

You yourself admit to have used a lot of John's time. Got a lot of info?? Not worth the price difference to buy the product from him??

Like I said I pay for what I use. Some people don't think they have to do the same. Ask a vendor sometime about having to compete with discounting, non-supporting resellers of products and see what they have to tell you.

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: FirstDiesel ]

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: FirstDiesel ]</p>

TraceF
02-24-2003, 18:11
First Diesel- You have given no less than 5 or 6 reasons I shouldn't buy a refurb Juice box on eBay.

What it comes down to it seems is that you are concerned that reputable vendors like John Kennedy (no dispute there) won't be able to stay in business -or- if they do YOU will have to pay too much as a result.

I am gonna ask you this one more time. How do you know the vendor I bought the box from is not reputable, legitimate, authorized, or whatever other qualifying term you want to use? You don't. That's the bottom line. I say he is because EPI said he is.

Now I have one more question. Why aren't you worried about him? He may be a GREAT guy just trying to make a living selling... well, yes... Edge Products.

With that said- I proclaim you the winner of this debate because I bet that every time JK sees this thread pop back up to the top of the list he cringes.

And when those filter assemblies are ready I may want one and I don't want him losing my order. :D

FirstDiesel
02-24-2003, 18:36
I'm done, you win. I just can't deal with insistance that you are right. Did you see me mention your EBay vendor in the last post. NO!!!

Just that YOU seem to think it's okay to buy from 1 person but to get support from another.

How would you like it if someone called you up at work for advice and then took your info and went somewhere else to buy their products because they saved a few bucks. That's the same thing your doing.

Don't bother answering because I can't be bothered dealing with you and your logic why it's okay to do what you do.

Burner
02-24-2003, 19:00
You know it's sad too see how "We" as a people seem to be changing. It is though we are animals in a pit. It seems that too many of us are out for No 1. Hey it's just the bottom dollar....right? Just use someone like toilet paper and flush'em. :mad:

--- I think that honor and respect are lacking in a few of us. I think we'll know who, as soon as a retort comes.

------&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Burner

sdaver
02-24-2003, 21:56
retort?..........more like a snort....hey burner lets do lunch :D dave

Oongawah
02-24-2003, 23:52
JK, see what you got started because of being such a real guy? (hehe) Three cheers for the supportive vendors-HIP HIP HOORAY!

May be a goofy post, but not as bad as the previous- Hi All!!!