PDA

View Full Version : All ways searching for more .........

mackin
08-05-2002, 17:29
Anyone heard of this company?
=>http://www.dieselmax.com/

They offer two kits but only price one... :confused: What is interesting is the kit contains injectors.......This goes back to my I LOVE SMOKE.......Can we get "SHOWER HEADS TOO"? :eek:
Claimed power gains are what JK is close to with his stacking method......I'll call if some one will HOLD my American Express for me to make sure I don't give them my account number.... :(
Would like to know how or if they address the Allison.....Or is this for "I CAN ONLY GO AS FAST AS I CAN SHIFT THIS DARN THING"?

Mac

Not for the faint of heart=>2001 to Present 165 hp & 290 Lbs Torque* Injectors & Module
Programmer $2,395.00 :eek:

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Paintdude
08-05-2002, 18:14
Do it!!!!!!! Resistance is Futile......com'on do it!! You know you want it..you know you need it...You gotsta gotsat havit..LOL!!! Mo,Power!!!!!! smile.gif Wait till the bug bites me..My buddies are giving me 2 months.. smile.gif

hoot
08-05-2002, 19:00
Wow, what do they know that everybody else doesn't? I'm surprised they don't have somebody infiltrating the websites.

Amianthus
08-05-2002, 21:32
mackin, buddy, don't do it. Just think of all the problems you'll have. More frequent oil changes, tranny fluid changes, blown injector pumps, and on and on. You'll be replacing parts on a weekly basis. Now you don't really want that, do you? tongue.gif
Just sit back and enjoy the safe realm of BOMBing you've attained already. No need to go any further. :D

JEBar
08-06-2002, 04:22
impressive claims .... doubt they would but can't help but wonder if they'd provide a list of folks who have purchased their product .... might be interesting to inquire on Ford/Dodge forums to see if those guys have any experience with this company :cool:

JoeyD
08-06-2002, 13:27
The site looks identical to DR. Performance web site minus the name.

Colorado Kid
08-06-2002, 15:30
^---YIKES! :eek:

mackin
08-06-2002, 15:40
Well, sense Amianthus is worried about the competition and is swaying me away, to resist would be frivolous.....Off to work I went and broke the rule, I left home without it ... It =AMEX........

I called........Draw your own conclusion.....

Here is my story, or better their story.......I played dumb not as hard as you would believe.....First call was reverted to a call back on there part.....

Spoke with, no need to name names, was pleasant but was told he wasn't the one who knows the most and is new to this market ....... OK

I said good me either I have an 01 Duramax Allison that I would like to get some power enhancements on it, and I'm interested in info on their "kit" ....

Now you know he seen me like a deer in the head lights with a pocket full of dead Presidents and Benny as a want to be, but his face on paper is very much desired too......

I asked first off, Is there replacement, performance injectors out for the Duramax? Yes was his reply......

He then offered up that with them and the JUICE box ...... The JUICE box? That's an odd name ...... He then proceeded to educate me on the juice box and it's function ......I let him go on and he was fairly correct, it was best when he got all excited and told me how well it protects the tranny and if you over power it will protect it self and within a 10 Th. of a second it will get off the power and it will happen so fast you will not even feel it .. Bla Bla Blaaaaaaa

Al right sounds good now back to them injectors .....I asked have you sold many? Oh ya he replied.....I asked can you buy separately? Yes, but they are on back order .....Back order? Are you selling that many? No, we are short on cores... Cores? Ya we send you Performance injectors and you have to send us your injectors......For what? Well, we modify the injectors......

This WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRENTY, And We do not PRODUCE MORE POWER THEN YOUR VEHICLE COULD HANDLE was mentioned 3 or 4 times through out the conversation....

I asked how much for modified injectors $1600 and change.....the JUICE box is $850.....The kit is $2300....

He is gonna send me the brochure and follow up in a week......

Seems like a chain yank to me .....$2300 bucks for a JUICE box, the kit cost you a set of someone else's injectors......Somebody will buy it ... NOT ME.......

The entire kit produces 365 HP....They claim stock is 220....The JUICE level 4 is 320?(It's hard to be exact with Edge's graph) So says EDGE which I have no doubt with there numbers.... So for $1600 bucks you can get 45 more HP...... :eek: That's some modification.......

Plus on a side note seen a HONDA with "DUAL" coffee can mufflers ......Wonder if he thought he was getting 100 HP gain ...... tongue.gif

MAC

I think it's a conspiracy.....the advertisement came out of the TDR rag...... ;)

[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

GMC D-Max
08-06-2002, 15:46
Well COOL! Now, if those of us that already own the Juice can figure out what we've gotta do to modify those injectors, we'll be $1600-$1800 ahead (which we can put towards all the rear tires we're gonna shred!).

(And that pimply-faced kid with the dual fart-boxed Honda is gonna get a BIG surprise when a 3/4-ton, 4x4, extended-cab, long-box, stock-exhaust, QUIET diesel blows his doors off!)

[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: GMC D-Max ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
08-06-2002, 18:21
I saw a link on the TDR, this looks to be the same kit advertised by Dr Performance. His name is pretty much mud over there, with overblown claims and really high prices.

That's interesting that on his dyno a stock Dmax which should produce 240-250hp only produced 220hp and hs mods made huge gains.

How about that reverse psychology Amianthus tried to use on Mac? It almost worked too, Mac actually called them up... ;) Amianthus, that's pretty cruel to try and get him to spend that much money just so you could get a laugh... :D :D tongue.gif

When someone gets Dmax injectors priced and figured out like CTD injectors, it might look interesting.

Regards, Steve

FirstDiesel
08-06-2002, 18:39
"The site looks identical to DR. Performance web site minus the name."

Well since the address and the phone number in the contact us area of both websites is the same I guess they are the same company. :D

Mic
08-06-2002, 20:32
I LOVE SMOKE.......cuz DIESEL FUMES MAKE ME HORNEY!!

Amianthus
08-07-2002, 08:55
As for the cost of the injectors, I can see honed injectors for the Dmax falling somewhere between the HEUI injectors of the PSD and the mechanical injectors of the Cummins.

Can I read mackin like a book or what? :D Can't blame a guy for trying. :D
What? Me worried? Once you can clear the smoke cloud I leave you in (gotta watch out for the eco-nazi's around here), then I'll be worried. Until then, I fart in your general direction. tongue.gif :D