PDA

View Full Version : First Juice Problem

BassinRVer
02-22-2003, 11:28
I have had my Juice on for about a month know and two days ago I had the first problem. I was drive with the flow of traffic in the rain, when I lost engine power. I looked in review mirror because I was in the fast lane to merge over and saw blue buff of smoke. I turned my head back around and the engine power came back. After this, the trottle response does not seem the same, it is not as responsive. I am in L4 in both settings. I called Edge and they said it maybe the window washers causing this, but I told them I have had the washers on before. The juice box is a refurb 4.61 version. When i got to work I looked under the hood and the engine compartment was completly dry. And yesterday driving about 40 I think it happened again but not real sure because the enterruption was a lot real quick and i was playing with the radio so I was pre-occopied(SP?). Edge wants me to send it in but I do not go NUDE. If it keeps it up I will have to send it in though.

I am a Newbie but have been reading TDP for about four months.

Hi to all the guys from the Dallas GTG on January 25TH, I finally got registered thanks to Turbo for being forgiving!!!!

BassinRVer
02-22-2003, 23:30
Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE

REC06
02-22-2003, 23:42
Bassinrver,
A few have had the same thing happen with their juices boxes in the rain. My buddy also has this happen on occasion when it is raining. My understanding that the latest release should have taken care of it. He will be sending his back for another to correct the problem. Sometimes the trucks react different to the same box. You can search on this subject lots of infor. Good luck

RVGuy
02-22-2003, 23:47
I would suggest sending the box back to Edge and ask them to check it out. This would be the first I've heard of this problem with the later versions of the box.

Edge has excellent customer support. Let them take care of it.

Kennedy
02-23-2003, 12:22
I know SoMn has had this happen in the pre-juice days, and so have I. How old is the fuel filter, AND were you running with an aux. tank or not? How much fuel in the tank? I'd also check for water in the seperator.

I've heard of one or two others with this occurrence, but nothing concrete has been determined. I'm not sure what to say, but if it happens with a different box, then I'd start looking really hard at the truck...

BassinRVer
02-23-2003, 20:35
John,

I do not have an aux. fuel tank. I have had the truck since September and only had the truck on Juice for one month. The fuel filter was replaced three weeks ago. I decided to change the fuel filter the week after getting the Juice box. Pre-juice my truck never did this.

Thanks for the feedback guys!!!

BassinRVer
02-23-2003, 20:36
JK,

The fuel level was about a quarter of a tank. I will check the water separator.

Kent Tuttle
02-26-2003, 08:48
I have had the same kind of problem twice, both times in the rain only. Edge wants the box back so I pulled it off last night. No Juice for a while :( It is a refurb unit with 4.61. Also this AM on the way to work with it raining, I had no issues with the truck.

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: Kent Tuttle ]</p>

BassinRVer
02-26-2003, 10:54
Kent Tutle,

Thanks for the reply at least I know I am not the only one that has had this problem with the reburb Juice.

thechevyhdman
02-26-2003, 13:15
BassinRver. I have been having the exact same problem with my juice boxes since I had V3.0 since april of last year. When it rains this is exactly what happens. Truck loses all power....feels like it slipped into neutral. Pedal does not respond to any immediate action...all off the sudden fuel pedal responds to my input...but engine sounds like a clogged injector...screams and chatters louder than any diesel out there EGTS go way up.....upon the start of this noise(which really sounds like pilot inj. shutting but 4 times as loud and violent sounding.) White gray smoke pours out extremely bad....It happened so bad this past Sunday the car behind me went right into the slow lane.... I went right home and checked all Juice wiring etc...no moisture found anywhere...Im thinking its my air filter sucking in water...however the smoke was way way way too potent to just be water. As soon as it ended truck is fine...NO SES lights no further problem till next rain fall. Its really a PIA I seriously think that timing etc screws up so bad during this temper tantrum its gonna break something in the engine. It always happens in the rain...highway speeds...under 75 mph...I went right from v 3.0 to . 4.61 and problem has followed. You have to be the 6 or 7th person to mention a problem like this. My fuel filter was changed 1 month ago, fuel level does matter happens full..empty...half. Now my second thought sucking in water, I run a K&N...and have a swiss cheese air box...Most of the time I had water problems in previous diesels sputtering and BlACK smoke was common. I dont think this is water related at all. Someone needs to figure this out before I remove the Juice and lose my mind.

Roger Williams
02-26-2003, 14:09
I have the same problem with truck loosing power and smoking bad in the rain. Sent my V3.0 Juice back to JK for an update but it still malfunctioned. Now i sent the box back to Aaron at Edge and he sent me a new V4.61 box. I have not installed new box yet but while the Juice is off, no problems in the rain. Edge was very supportive so i hope the problem gets resolved.