PDA

View Full Version : Help!!..My Engine is making a wierd noise

SANDMAN500LT
02-22-2003, 13:19
I have a 01 duramax with 60k on it. Last night I went to start it up cold and it kinda stumbled,made a noise and died....I restarted it and now it is making a loud WOOF-WOOF air sound coming from the air intake......When I remove the filter box lid the noise is much louder and is coming from up inside the intake....The engine is also shaking at an idle like it is missing or something...Probably just a coinsidence but I did have the oil changed earlier that day and had only put 8 miles on since... Just wanted to see if anyone has expierenced anything like this and might know what the problem since I cant call the dealer until Monday.........Thanks.......Tony

britannic
02-22-2003, 13:55
Could be an intake valve problem if you can hear it in the intake and the engine's got a miss, but there isn't a check light. If you have the 100k warranty, get the dealer to check it out.

orange2
02-22-2003, 14:27
It isn't partially gelled up is it? Just a simple thought, saw you were in oregon and thought it mite be real cold there. My semi has done that and it was gelled or ice in the system.

SANDMAN500LT
02-24-2003, 19:06
Dealer called today and said they cant get any codes....but they think it might be a injector......Should a injector be covered by the 100k waranty? Do all Duramax's have a 100k waranty on the engine or was that optional...I am the second owner of this truck and not sure if it applies to me....I bought a waranty when I bought the truck that should cover it but I would have to pay a deductible to use it.....Thanks....Tony

srubrn
02-24-2003, 19:34
Yeah your warranty should cover it. It does not matter which numbered owner you are. They all have 100K powertrain warranty. I don't think there is a deductable with the factory powertrain warranty, might be wrong on this though. Never the less your covered by your original warranty.