PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Help?

Jimmy O
11-17-2002, 09:38
Hey Guy's I need some help. I am doing the gauge thing (geting ready for the Juice Thing) and I have them installed in the cab (look sweet) but, I have an 03 with the new electrical system and it appears that the fuse I need to tap for the lights is in the underhood fuse box? I would rather do this in the cab any help from someone who has been there done that would be great. Also I would like to run a wire for switched power back under the rear seats but, I need to know what is best way to get under the carpet? In the old days a guy would just remove the moldings under the doors and that was it. In this truck it looks like these are part of moldings bolted under the seats. Please HELP ME :confused: ? THANKS :D Sorry this is so long it's my first post and guess it's been bulding up :D . LOve the truck.

Brandenburg
11-18-2002, 15:43
I tied my gauge lights into the dimmer wire that comes out the back of the headlight switch. You can find it with a multimeter by looking for the one that changes voltage with the dimmer knob. I assumed that this wire was already fused.

3-Fan
11-18-2002, 16:16
I ran my CB coax, power, and ground underneath the moulding by the rocker panel. And then I ran the wires under the carpet to under the drivers seat. The moulding just snaps out of a few clips and snaps back in just as easily. Just grab the corner up by the emergency brake and give it a tug. I have a 2002 so don;t know if it the same on the 2003 but I would assume so. There is lots of room under the moulding to run a few wires.

BigLakeDMAX
11-18-2002, 18:40
Greetings!

I just ran lots of cable and a power lead from the firewall to under the rear seat of my 2002 when installing a rear seat video setup this weekend. I used a wire pull - like electricians use - and pulled them under the carpeting and insulation. You can usually use seams or holes in the carpeting around the seat mounts, around the vents under the front seats, and seatbelt attaching points for access. On a long pull, it may help to make it in two parts, using an access point in the carpeting under the front seats as your half-way point (pull the lead to that point, disconnect it and move the wire pull to your destination and reinsert it to pull the second half). This went pretty quick and easy. I have a homeowner's quality puller that cost me about $15 - 20 a couple of years ago and use it for lots of projects.

If you chose to do it this way, make sure the end on the pull is looped around 360 degrees - like a paperclip - as opposed to just a big hook to keep from snagging the carpet or insulation.

Good Luck!

Jimmy O
11-18-2002, 19:02
THANKS GUYs... Rear seat video I would like to pictures of the complete system. Once again thanks for helping a new guy out. :D

NWDmax
11-19-2002, 01:12
Good luck

Toddster
11-19-2002, 04:07
My apology, my mistake, John is right it was some Isspro users that reported this problem....Sorry.

[ 11-19-2002: Message edited by: Toddster ]</p>