PDA

View Full Version : AFE mangnum force intake

Diesel Freak
11-17-2002, 21:49
Does anybody have the AFE Magnum force air intake? Did you buy stage 1 or stage 2? Any quicker spool up or lower EGT?

Kennedy
11-18-2002, 08:31
Stock box with a better flowing filter (use the "window screen" type if you like) like the Amsoil is all a guy needs IMHO.

I have a slightly modified stock box with the Amsoil dual stage foam filter.

7mmSTW
11-18-2002, 18:54
I was wondering if Amsoil made a filter that would fit in place of the AFE filter so you could use their housing with a better filter. If I remember right the AFE filter is a gauze type.

Later

Seven

P.S. Only my opinion on the filters and I don't want to open that can of worms again.

afp
11-18-2002, 20:16
STW,

A while back, Laundry talked about making an Amzoil filter to fit the K&N Aircharger system. I imagine such a filter would work on both, though I am not sure.

Blaine

Oongawah
11-18-2002, 23:06
DF, below is a cut&paste from a recent post I made.
I like it. But, if you don't want to hear the turbo just swiss cheese the box. I saw where some have said the stock filter is just as good as aftermarket and there is no difference in performance. The first thing I noticed is it allowed the WOT to be effective. Before the filter when I floored it, it was just as good as giving 85% throttle. Now all the way through to WOT it responds. It's not throughty like I expected, but you do hear the turbo. At first it sounds like a whine from the radio. Not real pronounced. Hope that helps. Chuck.

afp
11-19-2002, 17:52
The thing most of us "heard" about the stock airbox being as good as any was from a truck on the dyno. The K&N Aircharger, and I'm sure the AFE as well--seal off the hot underhood air from the filter. Of course this won't show up on the dyno, but it should on the street and at the track. So far, no one I know of has made such a test.

Blaine