PDA

View Full Version : Juiced D-max vs chiped psd

jcopeland
08-06-2002, 21:08
Im new here but have been reading here for about 4 months now and dicided to finaly pay my dues. I own a 2001 2500 D-max 4X4 ext. cab bone stock. My friend has a 2000 psd with a 80 horse programer in it and were always competing against each other. I am debating on getting the juice on my truck. My frind can out run me now on both settings with his programmer with a load or empty, has any one ran a chiped or programmed psd with the juice and what was the out come.

Maverick
08-06-2002, 22:19
I ran my 3500 stock plus juice against a 99 PSD, chipped, propane, and 5 " exhaust. Beat him by 3 trucks lengths at 70 mph.

Kennedy
08-07-2002, 10:47
It won't even be a race!

Suggest gauges first to keep you out of trouble though...

SoCalDMAX
08-07-2002, 19:17
Congrats on your truck and Welcome to the forum!!

Now this is what I like, a performance minded guy who asks an easy question in his first post - should I get the Juice for my truck...hmmm let me think on this one.... :D :D

Seriously, I have 3 mods, and if I had to cut back to only 1, I would keep the Juice.

However --- there is a new handheld programmer due out soon that is supposed to do a lot of great things, including control tranny shift points and firmness, raise rev limiter, speed governor, recal speedo, in addition to adding power.

Patience is a virtue, and it may be a good idea to wait and see. You don't wanna end up like me... ;)

As for your friend (I thought friends don't let friends drive Fords?) if he starts bugging you about when you're gonna race him, ask him why he's in such a big hurry to get beaten like a red-headed Ford owner.LOL ;)

See that post from Kennedy above? After reading for 4 months, I'm sure you realize his advice is invaluable. If you can honestly tell him what you're trying to accomplish, he'll tell you honestly what you'll need. I echo his advice, get EGT and boost gauges first, then maybe some cosmetic things, stock up on oil filters, tranny filters and fuel filters. Change your oil a couple times and differential once to flush out debris. By then, a new crop of performance mods will be out and he'll be happy to tell you from experience what really works.

Then you can blow away all of the local diesel heads who have $3,000 in mods and innocently say," No, really, I'm bone stock... these things really do only put out 300hp, maybe there's something wrong with your truck..." ;) :D

Regards, Steve

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDMAX ]</p>

TTLS
08-08-2002, 15:08
You guys are soooo evil..... :D :D