PDA

View Full Version : Dead DuraMax

R Hood
10-07-2004, 09:34
I posted this on the member forum but since I am new I don't knowif I have to do another post here or not.
I need help, BIG TIME!!
We are stuck in Washington state, with a dead DMAX. Worse still, GM has denied warranty even though I have only 45,000 mi on the truck. Their excuse is that I have a Banks Stinger system and a Banks exhaust brake installed.
The failure was first a leaking injector (yes, I am aware of the DMAX injector problem) but there is also a hole in the piston on the same cylinder (#6)
If there is anyone who has had a similar experience, I need a reply ASAP!!
We are 4 weeks overdue getting home (Texas) and there is no replacement engine (long block) available as of now, according to this worthless dealer.

letsgo
10-07-2004, 12:40
I got stuck in CA. for 10 days with another problem. Your best bet is to start looking in the other cities for another dealer, and phone GM customer service THEY DEFINATLY WILL HELP.

In retrospect you do not modify a $40,000 truck untill you are out of warantee.

R Hood
10-08-2004, 09:07
I need to hear from people who have had a similar problem and have a solution.

I can't very well look for another dealer when my ENGINE IS IN PIECES ON THE DEALERS SHOP FLOOR!!

GM Customer Assist can only go so far. They are actually an outsourced function, they are not officially GM.

If the Banks product caused the problem, then I will hold then responsible instead of GM.

KenZ
10-08-2004, 10:38
Transmission shop thought they had me once by having the tranny all over the floor. I told them to put it in the back of the truck and I had it towed elsewhere. Ended up with a used trans. from the junkyard that lasted quite some time.

I did see a used duramax on ebay the other day. I think it was in the $6500 range at that time. There may be other options for you.

Good luck!

KenZ
10-08-2004, 10:47
On Ebay right now in Knoxville, TN-- Buy it now for 6000.00

Description (revised)

GOOD USED 6.6L DURAMAX DIESEL ENGINE AND 5SPEED AUTOMATIC ALLISON TRANSMISSION 2WD.THE ONLY THING MISSING ARE THE BELLHOUSING BOLTS ,AS WE SEPERATED THE MOTOR AND TRANNY TO FIT INTOP STORAGE.PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH YOUR ZIP CODE FOR SHIPPING QUOTES.........PS......THE MOTOR AND TRANS HAD 38K MILES ON IT WHEN REMOVED

KenZ
10-08-2004, 10:49
Just noticed only 1 hr 45 min. left on this one. No bids -- starting at 5500.00

KenZ
10-08-2004, 11:01
Here is the other one I say for $6500.00. 9 days left.

Duramax 6.6L Diesel engine LB7

2wd Allison Transmission

Only 50 miles on this engine and trans!

This assembly is from a Kodiak 5500.

Includes harness and computers.

300hp and 520 ft/lb torque

R Hood
10-08-2004, 11:56
Thanks for the info, I hope I don't have to use it though.
I intend to fight GM to the end on this because it should definately be covered under warranty.
My lawyer started on the case today.

motovet
10-08-2004, 21:58
Good luck...far as I'm concerned GM had better fix you up. Where are you and what dealer?

R Hood
10-09-2004, 10:44
Olympia, WA

Titus-Will Chevy

Dawg
10-09-2004, 18:00
You may want to give Art Gamblin Chev a call in Enumclaw. 360-825-3567 Ask for Dave Fredrickson (Service Mngr) or Jake Rudnick(Assistant Service Mngr) They are great guys and actually install after market products. I have known them to drive a couple hundred miles and tow a customers car in that was at another dealership because they felt the customer was getting the run around. They really have treated me great. Tell them your situation and that I told you to call.

Good luck, Jamie

R Hood
10-10-2004, 08:59
Thanks for the info!

I'll give them a call tomorrow. I am interested to see if they have the same GM field rep and if he has ever given them the same runaround he has given me.

I have escalated my case through GM Customer Assist so we'll see what happens now.

psdanddmax
12-02-2004, 06:53
R Hood, hav not seen a new post. What happened?

R Hood
12-03-2004, 11:54
You can read the updates at "New Post - Dead Duramax-Warranty Fight"