PDA

View Full Version : Just a Thanks!

lookin2buy
10-07-2004, 19:05
I would like to thank everyone that posts to this website. I believe that all the info. is great and will have some sort of decision of my next purchase.

The only real questions I have for anyone are the following:

Since a lot of people write in with the LB7 engine, stating fuel in oil syndrome, should i steer towards '04.5 LLY and newer?

Other than the fuel in oil scare.... is there anything wrong with an '03 LB7 for example??

Thanks for all your help once again.

By the way- I'm lookin2buy in the Spring of '05

More Power
10-10-2004, 12:06
Welcome lookin2buy,

BB's in general tend to collect the problem trucks and their owners. In general, owners who are content in their ownership and have few or no problems tend not to post messages. My own 2001 GMC with an LB7 has not visited the dealership for any failure - of any kind, in the nearly four years and 41,000 miles of ownership.

Certainly, changes introduced in the LLY virtually eliminate a fuel/oil dilution problem, but the LLY is also somewhat more complicated with its EGR and VNT (variable nozzle turbo). Time will tell what the service differences might wind up being. One point to keep in mind is that the 2001-2002 LB now has a 7-year or 200,000 mile injector warranty, and I suspect the '03/04 LB7 models could eventually be included in the extended warranty.

Good luck with whatever you decide. smile.gif

MP