PDA

View Full Version : Got a compliment today, from a PSD guy

oneton
08-07-2002, 19:03
While working in a office building installing new tile in the bathrooms I had a F**D guy compliment the Dmax today. I don't know if I converted him but he was talking about his white knuckle affairs in his PSD on a 6% downgrade. He even went as far a installing a Over/under drive to help out his tranny. No point here but the other guys are noticing the trucks.

Paintdude
08-07-2002, 19:36
I was at the International Dealer today (Truck Dealer)..and the manager and salsman from there asked "Is that your Durmax out there ?"

I replied "Ya."

Manager " Can we look under the hood?"

" For 20 bucks you can." I replied..

We all laughed and they waited for me to finish my bussiness at the parts counter and then we had a long look at the truck..they had nothing negative to say about it.. smile.gif

Had a farmer asking me about it today also, He said that is his "dream truck"..

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: Paintdude ]</p>

bluenote
08-07-2002, 22:39
On a recent trip (almost 4,000 miles, towing the 5er), I had numerous people ask me about the Duramax..particularly in the campgrounds. Some were F**d owners, and several were GM guys looking to upgrade. Every single person said that they've heard nothing but good things about the Duramax.

SoCalDMAX
08-08-2002, 00:56
I took my neighbor, who owns an F350 PSD dually, for a ride back when I only had the Power Plug. As I rolled on the throttle, he frantically grabbed for the dash and yelled something like "Holy Sh*t!" Like him, everyone else has been impressed with the Dmax and asked questions or been very positive.

I did meet an F450 owner who was pretty knowledgable about PSDs but had picked up the rumors from F-D.com and believed them. After listening for a while, I told him something along the lines - "If you didn't see it or touch it yourself, it probably isn't true."

I remember when I was shopping for the Dmax, some dealers had only 1, some had none. All told me they were selling like hotcakes and you take your hotcake at full price and equipped however it is, this ain't Burger King. You don't get it your way. There was a reason for that. They're probably still trying to increase Dmax production to meet demand. :D

Regards, Steve

bora
08-08-2002, 10:59
Just to add this, I had a Ford owner come into
the Flying J that we had stopped at, and talk to me 20 minutes about the Duramax.

This guy actually asked two other tables before he finally found the owner of the Duramax outside. He said he wanted to talk to an owner since he does not see them often on the road.

uncle t
08-08-2002, 16:06
I "THINK" I got a compliment from a PSD owner today at the fuel pumps. Problem was his was running and I couldn't hear him. :D :D