PDA

View Full Version : Orange liquid stuff from exhast manifold

stutzismydog
11-19-2002, 16:26
Gentlemen~
When I looked on the garage floor after taking a 350+ mile trip, I noticed 6 or 7 drips of orange colored gooey liquid spots on the concrete. After crawling under to truck, I shined a flash light in the direction of the drip and found that it was coming from the exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe connection where there was discoloration. There is no smell and it is slightly thick

chuntag95
11-19-2002, 16:38
Does it look like the same color of the coolant? Is it sticky? Could you be blowing coolant out the exhaust port of a cyliner? Is it a rusty orange color? Sorry that I only have questions for now.

stutzismydog
11-19-2002, 18:04
Thanks for responding Chris.The coolant was the first thing that I checken also a possable leak from the fuel filter as it is in the same area as the orange staining at the exhaust pipe connection, and so far no clue ???

mackin
11-19-2002, 18:16
stutzismydog

The only thing "MINOR" in that area that comes to mind is the heater core and hose connections.....Check up near fire wall and see if maybe connections are dripping when cold and or while running.....Good luck !!!!!!

MAC

wangotango
11-19-2002, 18:50
If I had orange stuff dripping from my brand new vehicle I would contact the dealer...soon.

w/t

stutzismydog
11-20-2002, 17:01
In to the Dealer to day fix the orange goop problem that was dripping on the floor of my garage. The mechanic used a little extension mirror and found a coolant leak caused by a loose fitting to the inter cooler. He placed a good old fashion screw on hose clamp and the problem was cured. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

hoot
11-20-2002, 18:00
Ahhhh, the turbo water cooling line?