PDA

View Full Version : fuel injectors/lemon law

fishhead
10-13-2004, 05:08
My husband is an avid reader but never posts anything...so I am. We have a 2002 duramax that has been nothing but problems. Our fuel injectors have been replaced (all 8) 2 times. The first time it took over 6 months and disel fuel all over my driveway and truck for Chevy to tell me my fuel injectors were bad. The truck was in and out of the shop for many months...the longest was for 3 months (the first time, and 34 day the 2nd time the injectors were replaced. The dealership suggested the lemon law and then the truck was fixed that week. I just wanted my truck back.I love my truck and was sick of driving a rent a car. 30 thousand miles later the failed again. I am sick of paying for a truck that is in the shop all of the time. I contacted Chevy and they offered me $1500....big deal. I am now going to arbitration at the end of the month. Any suggestions would be great. Or has anyone gone through this? Thanks, Marci

KenZ
10-13-2004, 05:23
Marci,

My truck is a 2002 also and in the shop for injectors. I was wondering if you know when your truck was built (mine was Oct 2001--picked it up early Nov 2001) and when was it repaired the first time? I'm curious as to whether you had the early design injectors and if the first repair may have also been with the early design injectors. I'm hoping with the new design injectors that this problem will go away. Maybe not if your replacement injectors were the new design.

Thanks,
Ken

lookin2buy
10-13-2004, 14:52
Marci-

See if these websites help:

http://www.lemonauto.com/lemon_laws/text_ca.htm

http://www.lemonauto.com/lemon_laws/state_lemon_law.htm#notapply

fishhead
10-14-2004, 17:33
Hi Ken,
The injectors they used the first time were the old style and the injectors that they used the second time were the new ones. I still do not have any faith in the injectors.
Thanks, Marci.

fishhead
10-14-2004, 17:35
Hi Brad,
Thanks for the web info.
Marci

lookin2buy
10-14-2004, 18:19
Marci-

I hope that info was able to help you out a little. If not I'm really sorry. I just fell across it after I had read your post.

KenZ
10-15-2004, 04:32
Marci,

Thanks for the information. Not very comforting to find out the new style only lasted 30K miles. It seems that a number of these trucks are going back quicker the second time around than the first. I just wonder how the actual installation may affect the injector life.

On the arbitration, good luck. I think you will find that they concentrate a lot on the use you got, and not the use you didn't get, ie: time in the shop. So If you have 30, 40, or 50 thousand miles, that will be subtracted from anything you might get. If it was early in the life of the truck, you may have gotten some satisfaction. After a lot of miles, I don't know what good it will do. But, what have you got to loose?