PDA

View Full Version : GOT POPPED!!!

Oongawah
11-20-2002, 00:00
I guess it was my turn. I had just gotten into it when I noticed a car pulled over to the side about 3/4 mile up the road. Just incase I put her down real fast but that wasn't good enough. The officer said I got up to 91 awefully fast, and then dropped down quickly. She wrote me for 80+ and was real cool about it. She said a lot of the guys at the station were getting into the diesel scene too. I told her I was checking out my EGT gauge and didn't know how fast I was going. She in turn said I should be paying more attention to the big gauge in the middle. Guess I'll be more responsible now. We'll see how I feel in the morning. You know, I don't think I was going that fast, but that's what she told me. You all be safe now, you hear.

Kennedy
11-20-2002, 10:46
I bought a detector because of this. I'm not dependant on it, nor do make it a habit of speeding excessively, but the times that I do, it would be nice to have some warning.

I typically set my cruise the same place with or w/o the detector, but now I bump it mack 1-2 mph if I see a threat just to be safe...

tonyskid
11-20-2002, 11:31
Oongawah
This is what I have to look forward to starting tomorrow, when I saw the heading on the first page I started laughing and said to the wife "I BET CHUCK GOT A SPEEDING TICKET" and low and behold I was right. What I want to know is where did she catch you so I can never go near that area, you know I am going to have to test my EGT also and if I try to use that excuse to her she might laugh in my face.
Tony
:D :D :D

mackin
11-20-2002, 16:44
Amateurs !!!!! :D tongue.gif :D

One speeding ticket .....GHEEEEESH !!!!!!

MAC smile.gif

[ 11-23-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Mic
11-20-2002, 18:19
Mackin.....LMAO

Give the newbian a little slack....I am sure with a little time (read as long straight road) they may become experience like some others around here. :D

Oh.... by the way....I have not found an officer yet that can under stand why I have soo many gauges on the a-pillar on such a big truck :confused: :eek: .... ' I like the looks '

MaxACL
11-20-2002, 19:06
My excuse once was "but officer... the limit is 80, see the sign there?" It was a "US 80" sign and I felt stupid... but it worked!

Mike :D

Oongawah
11-21-2002, 23:34
Mackin,

Little do you know man. This is just my first ticket in the Max. I won't go into how many times I've tried fightin' in court. I think I know as many judges as I do Cops. I just got completely taken off gaurd again. Dude, I'm sure me and you could spend a nice weekend sharing stories(LOL).

Tonyskid,

The um heh incident occurred on the back road just on this side of the windmills. Too bad we don't have any decent highway numbers here. No highway 80, but we do have highway 138. Somehow I don't think that would fly. BTW, if you're ever on the 138(ave D), keep er' down, they patrol it hard, and it's a double fine zone all the way from the 5 to the 15 I believe.

Oongawah
11-21-2002, 23:38
Tony's got the JUICE! Let me know how it goes man. I'll let you drive in front(hehe).

Bluerock
11-22-2002, 02:17
I'd never put too much confidence in a radar detector since most of the "road dogs" I work with keep their radars in the standby mode till they see the whites of your eyes...then ZAP!! :eek: No time to react unless you're lucky enough to catch a stray signal from the guy getting the radar treatment further up the road. I know that warnings aren't generally in the cards either if a detector is found stuck to your dashboard...so keep 'em out of sight, including the power cord....dead giveaway. 55 is awfully slow ain't it? (sigh)

mackin
11-22-2002, 05:14
Bluerock

You know what that is so true how ridiculous one would look (such as ME) when pulled over running 75 ish in a 55 pillar full of gauges HUGE tube hangin out back with a noticeable rummble,Valentine I chirping on the dash, and repeat after me ......."Officer I don't think I was going that fast" ...."Really" .....Only to here, "License and Registration Please !!!!!!".....Thanks for the tip-reminder.....I do just turn mine off but it is in plain sight......Sometimes you get to the point when you over look the obvious......

Oongawah,

I here ya man...I'm just coming off a back to back to back 3 ticket run....With fall out.....Speeding is fun it's getting caught that sucks !!!!!!!

I'm Civil disobedient as they come .....

MAC
:eek:

tonyskid
11-22-2002, 10:15
Mackin,
I use to live in CT (DANBURY) and I can remember the fines there were STIFF. I got a few riding my Harley when we were kids back in the 70's. I had to stop riding it one year because I had 8 points on my license. Also use to have a red pontiac fiero and we sold that because it was a beacon for radar.

Oongawah
Got the juice last night from UPS around 6pm and it was too late to do any playing. But today I should have the gauge installed and I want to get some temp readings before I install the juice to see how much of a difference it makes, but no fear they will both be installed before the days end.
Tony
:D :D :D

Oongawah
11-22-2002, 11:55
Mackin,

You should be fine now. They say they come in three's(as if). It's funny about the exhaust because mine is in the garage ready to be installed, an she was telling about a guy she pulled over that had a really modified exhaust on his diesel, and she indicated that was dead giveaway, and I'm thinking in the back of my mind, well you know(haha).

Tony,

You better get to work before that itch turns into a rash. What kind of probe did you get? I'd like to check out your setup. C-ya!

Mic
11-22-2002, 19:41
Funny you mention the exhaust Mackin...cuz when I got popped a few weeks ago; the officer commented how much he really liked it..and I quote "I heard you coming, so I flipped on the radar and got you accelerating all the way to 58...don't you know its only 35????....Are you sure it's stock!?" :eek:
But It's a Diesel, they're supposed to be loud, eh? :confused:

It least he didn't see the Juice fog at the strip club...geeesh :cool:

tonyskid
11-22-2002, 21:34
I guy's

Well I am JUICED now, took it for a drive after I installed the Pyrometer just to see what it reads and it is not hard to get 1100 degrees stock, Oongawah I went up J toward 95th just like when drove yours and turned around at the Bar at 95th. Punched it til 60 then all of a sudden the Radar Dectector went off and I hit the brakes hard, there they were hidding in someones driveway behind the bushes just waiting for anyone. Well they didnt get me, I can say that my Detector has saved my A$$ at least 10 times since I purchased it, and I can honestly say that I have not gotten a speeding ticket since I got it. (I KNOW I SHOULD NOT OF SAID THAT)

Oongawah I installed the probe in just like John Kennedy has on his web site, if you need the Tap and drill bit let me know I got them today from Home Depot and they only got one hole on them and you are welcome to use them.

Tony :D :D :D :D :D :D