PDA

View Full Version : Got Juiced!

Diesel Freak
11-20-2002, 00:25
Just installed the Juice, I must say I'm pretty impressed, Thanks to Kennedy Diesel!!!!! How many miles before the tranny starts adapting to the power and shifting normally again? John and I talked about it, but danged if I can remember.

Does the trip computer still calculate the mileage correctly with the Juice, or will it read optimistically?

Jerry

Oongawah
11-20-2002, 00:41
Trip meter accuracy depends on how much you slip those rear tires. I've found it to take between 100 and 200 miles to adapt. Hope this helpd, Chuck.

Diesel Freak
11-20-2002, 01:13
Really? So it actually will work? Good Deal!! My Dodge would always read around 28mpg (Don't I wish!)

Thanks!

Kennedy
11-20-2002, 09:03
Mileage computer will be skewed. How much, remains to be seen.

While I realize most will not have access to a Tech 2, IF you can get ahold of one, I like to go into Special Functions and select "Preset all TAP cells" This is kind of like putting in a temporary shift kit as it pushes up the line PSI to the higher end of the range. The Allison will then pare it down as needed. There still may be some APP related shift timing issues with the first couple of shifts, but from there it works great!

Maxter
11-20-2002, 09:37
Kennedy:

I'm curious about the computer error. What would be the causes of that error beside the rear wheel slip which is unavoidable with the juice? Is the juice messing up the ECM or TCM that read the mileage?

Thanks for your infos.

JF.

Kennedy
11-20-2002, 09:50
I am talking about the trip computer. The one that displays MPG on the 2003 models...

Oongawah
11-20-2002, 10:01
DF,

I'm sorry it was late when I posted that. I thought you were talking about the trip meter, not the computer. I believe the computer will be skewed because it wasn't programmed for the different fuel/air, and timing settings the juice makes.

afp
11-20-2002, 11:58
Took me 1/2 dozen full throttle runs to get my truck working right with the juice.

Blaine