PDA

View Full Version : I belong here at last

hdmax(mike)
08-09-2002, 18:15
I just picked up my new 02 Chevy 2500HD LS D/A CC SB.

I have pictures at my webshots photos. Page two. Now it`s time for school.

91 miles so far, and no trouble at all. :D

I am ready for the Banks, Juice, and gauges. But my wallet says to wait. So does my Wife. tongue.gif

BLUMAX
08-09-2002, 18:35
Congrats on your new "baby", I see you've been one of "us" for awhile so you know what to expect from both the truck and all the great members on this forum with any questions you might have. I'm sure you're already experiencing the "DMAX Grin" everytime you start it up. Oh ... you might want to change your signature, you've got it now! :D :D

mackin
08-09-2002, 18:39
Mike,

Congrats and sorry to here about your wife, I got one of them too....Mine isn't mechanically inclined I find that to be a good quality in her and it's a great loop hole......Yes Honey the exhaust system is junk just like the tires from the dealer and also the under power it at the factory so no one gets hurt......Now you know I'm an excellent driver so...One hint, Never ever discus PRICE......If you don't lie to her, now is a good time to start, it's for a good reason.......You'll find the cash to make it happen......Good luck...... With the D-max,and your partner.....

MAC
:D smile.gif

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

JEBar
08-09-2002, 18:50
Mackin...can tell you never let your wife near this page ... if you do, "THEY'LL BURY ME WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE" could easily be tested soon .... really look forward to meeing you folks at Cornwall Bridge

HD.... welcome to the fraternity, you can't help but love it and the folks on this page are second to none!!! :cool:

Paintdude
08-09-2002, 19:57
Congrats, glad you got one of the good looking ones.. smile.gif

hdmax(mike)
08-10-2002, 15:22
Thanks guys! I have only drivin it 148 miles. But I know already that I`m in love.

Sometime in the next few months (after the shock of the price has eased) I`ll try to sneak little things like the juice, deep trans pan, differential cover. But she will notice things like the gauges. And a blind man could see the box the exaust comes in. So those things will have to wait.

When I get the juice, I`ll just have to drive more sensible until I can get gauges.

DMAXDiva
08-10-2002, 15:52
Hey hdmax!

Great truck! As far as the "toys" go, just remember that most gals will gladly look the other way when it comes to things like gauges and exhaust systems if you provide them with their own little gift at the same time...ya know, like jewelry and stuff...

But then again, there are those of us of the female persuasion that prefer more unconventional gifts, like say a 12,000 lb Warn Winch or maybe a shiny new propane injection system...Honey, are you listening? ;)

[ 08-10-2002: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>

oneton
08-10-2002, 16:07
Congrads on the new truck HDMAX!! I just pulled my 30ft enclosed car trailer today. I was chopping at the bit to get it done. You'll be absouletly astounded on how well the truck performs. I couldn't even tell the trailer was back there. I don't even think words and convey how nice it is. Now I understand Mackin's saying!!

My kinda girl, there DmaxDiva!! Lucky for me I have a wife that loves the truck as I do. We just got back from spending 1200 bucks on a Roll-N-Lock for the bed and crew cab nerf bars.. I've been kinda priming this one with dinners and movies over the last couple of weeks ;) and the truck is only a month old. :D

[ 08-10-2002: Message edited by: oneton ]</p>

sonofagun
08-10-2002, 18:57
hdmax,

Greetings and welcome to the world of DMAX. Best of luck with your truck. Diva has it right, a well placed gift if often a good trade for truck stuff, especially if you can convince her that it will help the truck run cooler (last longer)(exhaust), last longer because you can monitor the guages that GM should have put in the truck in the first place, etc.

Enjoy,
Bob

hdmax(mike)
08-10-2002, 20:57
DMAXDiva; Where were you when I was shoping for my better half? :D

By the way, I think I lost my truck :(

She drove it this evening, and love it. She said I will have to get my own. So maybe the mods will come a little easier now ;)

Thanks everyone for the compliments.
I just love this truck. But boy is it going to cost for oil changes tongue.gif

I plan on changing oil next weekend ( 8-17) The truck will have over 1000 miles by then. I am going to use Moble 1. Unless I here negative feed back from you all. Please let me know. 10 quarts, correct? What filter?

bora
08-10-2002, 21:10
Mike

You do mean Mobil Delvac 1 right?

Mobil 1 is not approved for Diesel engines.

Congrats on the new truck, I know how you must feel smile.gif

Bora

NutNbutGMC
08-10-2002, 22:22
^....Mike, Break it in correctly... Drive it like you stole it... Congrats on the new machine.

hdmax(mike)
08-11-2002, 07:57
Yes I was refering to Mobil Delvac 1.

What about the dual bypass oil filter system? Is anyone using that? I would still be changing oil every 12,000 miles or so. instead of 5000 miles.

INDI-GO
08-11-2002, 11:43
Aren't New Trucks wonderful. Especially the Dmax.

Wives are wonderful too... Mine is Demanding a seriously heavy duty front grill. Whod a thunk it...

DMAXDiva
08-11-2002, 16:55
Okay INDI-GO,

Time for that Ranch Hand front-end replacement...keep her happy!

I speak from experience...my husband bought Ranch Hand bumpers for me, and made me one very happy wifey :D :D :D

[ 08-11-2002: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>