PDA

View Full Version : Good AZ dealers/service? Also, who is in AZ?

BadDog
08-09-2002, 21:53
I checked the "recommended dealers" page for AZ and found nothing at all. Can anyone recommend an AZ dealer/service department that knows their stuff and is not an PIA?

Also, who is in AZ? Specifically around the Phoenix area? I would love to check out some of your trucks. Anyone local running a "chip box" or other performance mods that would be willing to demonstrate the difference for me? :D

getupingo
08-10-2002, 01:08
hey, I live in "the valley of the sun".... Mesa to be exact. No box as of yet.... still waiting for the so called dream box/programmer that does it all. Most all dealers try to bend ya over, but....Brown and Brown on Main St. doesn't seem too bad. I have no personal experience with them other than buying an oil filter......but my friend that also has a dmax got in an accident and had to have both drivers side doors replaced along with a little body work and I saw his truck and they did a very good job.... all things considered. A few very minor grease spots on the seats.....But, B&B is the only dealer I would take my truck to if I needed to.

Getupingo :cool:

LarryM
08-10-2002, 07:27
I can only comment on East Valley dealers, but Brown and Brown service seems to be better than the others I have experience. Their sales department sucks and I'm very sorry I bought my Dmax from them.

On the other hand, they have been reasonably good in the service department. They, like a lot of dealers, seems to have trouble with the Dmax, but they really do try to make it right. They always call me a couple weeks afterwards to see if everything is OK. Ask for Greg See (service advisor) when you go in, he's is real interested in what YOU have to say, and in what you hear on the internet.

Unfortunately, I've had to use their body shop twice in the last couple years and they do a real good job as well.

My truck is unmodified. Since I pull a trailer to WA and back every three weeks, there is no time or money to do anything but drive it and maintain it!

RCHALL
08-10-2002, 15:21
I BOUGHT MY 2001 DURAMAX AT SANDS CHEV. IN GLENDALE AZ. WENT IN WITH A BROKE SHOCK ON THE LEFT REAR. WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE OUT THE WHOLE REAR AXLE. WENT IN WITH A OIL PROBLEM. USE 2 QTS. IN 200 MILES THEN STOP LATER ON IT WILL USE 2 QTS THEN STOP. I WAS TOLD ALL DIESELS USED OIL.. I HAD 6.2 NO OIL,6.5 NO OIL AND A BIG C WITH 170,000 AND NO OIL. USE SANDS IF YOU LIKE.

getupingo
08-10-2002, 16:16
As for the oil.... my dmax uses absolutely none. All i can say is 2 qts in 200 miles ain't acceptable. Be persistant and make them fix it.

getupingo :cool:

BadDog
08-10-2002, 22:30
Wow, that sucks. I'll stay away from Sands. Thanks for the heads-up. Definitely keep on them (or another) about the oil use, that

madmax7
08-12-2002, 21:42
Baddog
I live in Chandler and have a chip. I recommend it highly.
I would be glad to demonstrate.
Email me at jmedhurst@aztechcontrols.com
BTW, I have had good luck with Chapman Chevrolet.
They are aware of the Diesel page and I have had some history with them.