PDA

View Full Version : Dmax Compatible Alarm

ndamico
11-20-2002, 15:52
Hi,

I'm in the market for a Dmax alarm and would like to see if anyone has had good luck with one in their DMAX. i know Jason @ JP has the autopage in a regular silverado, but i'm having a hard time finding one with the exact feature set i want. If anyone knows of anything with all the features below, i'd greatly apprecaite some insight!

1) Auto-start (diesel aware)
2) makes all my windows 1 touch/up and 1 touch/down
3) turbo timer (nice but not req)

i like the idea of a computer interface for configuration, but i miss my old alpine alarm that would roll all my windows up when i armed it. plus it could have them stop so they were barely open (nice in Cali summer) and it made them all 1 touch up & down (at least from driver's perspective).

thanks again,

Nick

carnutsx2
11-21-2002, 10:38
Most alarms have what you are looking for. Your old Alpine had add on window control units that did the one touch up and down. Depending on when you got it installed it may have been the Twindowa units. what you are looking for is an alarm that has an input for the glow plug light for the auto start. Most of the alarms with auto start have a cool down function that will allow you to run the truck with out the key for the programed run time. Since the hayday of Alpine alarms a lot has changed -2way fm paging ( you can see on the remote what your truck is doing) cheap remotes and most of all the price went down! best of luck

[ 11-21-2002: Message edited by: carnutsx2 ]</p>