PDA

View Full Version : 6 speed reflash??

sally
08-10-2002, 05:43
I have an 01 Duramax 4x4 SWB. I am thinging about an aftermarket computer reflash. Is anyone running a reflash with a 6 speed? If so how does it perform?

Wally
08-10-2002, 06:15
By "reflash" do you mean performance enhancing reprogram of the computer similar to what the Juice or Edge boxes do? Or are you asking about an update/calibration from GM to optimize the trucks computers?
Took my truck in the other day for a faulty fuel tank sender and they installed all available updates. Truck is different, not better and not worse just different. The tech that did it didn't put the part numbers on the invoice and he wasn't there when I picked the truck up so I have no idea what the calibration numbers were.

mackin
08-10-2002, 06:51
sally ,

There is some earlier BOXES (aftermarket) that I will work with the 6 speed....A Van Aaken box,and a Duramaximizer,both so I have heard had but only a few glitches but worked well.....You have a six speed so you would have less problems ,as you don't have Auto Tranny issues to contend with.....There is some new stuff on the way.....

Edge products are working on one with no release date yet.....Also there is a reflash from TTS I believe?......Others will chime in with six speeds I have an Allison so I can offer but a tease of info.....

MAC

:D

Kennedy
08-10-2002, 07:55
The reflashed ECM works very well, but I have no first hand experience with it on a 6 speed manual. The fuel curves are very smooth, and follow the OE curve with a stronger bottom end, and a smoothing of a few of the factory "rough spots".

The one thing I have heard from the 6 speed (from 1 owner) is that the clutch apparently has about the same upper limit as the Allison...