PDA

View Full Version : Pics of second fuel filter popular!!!

srubrn
11-20-2002, 17:00
I have gotten about 30 e-mails wanting pics. I am up to date as of now. I can only send the pics from work. I work every other day, firefighter. I can send the info on the install and the parts list at home. Glad to help ya'll out.

Corndog
11-20-2002, 17:39
Todd
If you don't mind I will post the picts of the install on my web site and post a link here.

srubrn
11-20-2002, 17:49
Corndog,
That would be great. It would take a load off of me sending pics. Although I don't really mind as long as I am helping someone out. Send me a e-mail when you get them posted.

Corndog
11-20-2002, 18:11
Todd and Everyone intrested here is the link to Todd's filter install and old OEM filter.

http://www.oldmacksrus.com/filter_picts.htm

ccds
11-20-2002, 18:42
Corndog thanks for posting Todd's pic's very interesting...

smile.gif

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: ccds ]

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: ccds ]</p>

MaxACL
11-20-2002, 18:59
Corndog... Thanks for jumping in and helping.

Srubrn... A picture's worth a thousand words. Did you use a lift pump and where'd you buy the filter. I need to do me one.

If the filter media was bad on the test that George did, has anyone given concern about sending clean fuel to the OEM filter (since it's still in line) only to have that filter contaminate the cleen stuff?

Mike smile.gif

mackin
11-20-2002, 19:00
Todd

Good deal....... I must have missed the priming episode ... No problem after install, the Duramax worked through the air pocket???? Or did you prefill????I patiently wait the results on your final analysis.....

How many miles on the OEM????

MAC

How much for a painted bracket??? smile.gif

Jake99Z71
11-20-2002, 20:01
I was wondering if waxing up of the filter would be a problem in the northern states and for our brothers up in Canada? Since I don't see any heating element on the filter.

srubrn
11-20-2002, 22:14
No problem priming. I used the manual primer I added to the basic module.

I do not have at the present, the dimensions of the bracket I made. I
threw them away after I made it. If you want it send me an e-mail and I will be get it again. The part numbers and parts list are below. The FM-100 is modular, meaning you can add any of the optional mudules to the base unit. The options are a electric priming pump, a electric lift pump, a manual priming pump, heater(for all you northern guys) and a plastic bowl. Take a look at the web site below for more info. Also I am going to get a fuel sample taken before and after the Stanadyne filter. Let's hope it shows it's as good as the Stanadyne brochure says it is.

If you become interested in purchasing the Stanadyne FM-100 then there
is a link below to a great dealer that I bought mine from. Click on the contact us link and then all other personel, you will see an e-mail link for Scott Rongey or you can call.

I ordered mine on Monday and got it on Tuesday. Better go with the
4.3in 2 micron filter instead of the 6in., becasue all of it won't fit
under the frame without sticking out.
I got the manual priming pump module and the plastic bowl module added
to the basic system. All of it cost $85 plus shipping. Replacement
filters are about $12.

http://www.reliableindustries.com/inv/index_stan.htm
Stanadyne's web address is www.standyne.com

Parts list:
Filter head 30387

Kennedy
11-21-2002, 09:27
Waxing could be an issue without a heater before the element, but proper fuel treatment should help avoid this. The optimal location IMHO would be after the OE heater/filter, but space will not allow this style of filter underhood with any level of practicality. I am looking at a simple mount for a large high efficiency filter AFTER the factory unit.

chuntag95
11-21-2002, 09:37
Looking around at the sites, it shows a heater option that can be used with the prime or lift pumps.