PDA

View Full Version : Going into dealer at 35K

pullinpower
08-11-2002, 09:07
Well I need to carry my truck into the dealer for a few minor things that wont be covered by warranty after 36K. My truck has the lopey idle issue that seems to have gotten worse over the last 10K so im going to have them (chuck hutton chevrolet) to look into this,I have all the updates and it lurch's forward while hot at idle.I wanted alittle something extra when I go into the dealer to help the tech out so I can get my truck back fairly quickly. What is the process to determine if my inj.pump needs replaced.thanks

[ 08-11-2002: Message edited by: pullinpower ]</p>

pullinpower
08-11-2002, 15:41
Mackin didnt you have your inj.pump replaced due to the lopey idle while hot?

mackin
08-11-2002, 15:59
pullinpower,

Not me.......I only was plagued with the cold lop.....I say was because I haven't heard it do it, come to think of it in a while.....
I'm one of the hold outs, hasn't been back yet.......I figure at 35,999 and 9 tenths I'll go in with a laundry list of fixes.....The only problem I got is a weeping rear seal (s) which has subsided some, no clue why? Other wise I have no complaints.....I would like to see if the would install the OD lock out I seen in a thread for a $160 some on bucks......They may be my incentive,if I can get the 03 parts (shift lever arm switch) to look like it came factory installed.......Try the search.......Check this bad boy.........
=&gt;http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000887

MAC

SoMnDMAX
08-11-2002, 16:45
Pullin Power, GM has diagnostic procedures spelled out in their online tech site ("Dealerworld", I think?). We can't access it, but your dealer can. It's "preliminary information", so one can only guess a full blown TSB will come from this in the future.

Basically, it tells the tech how to setup the Tech II scan tool to see the variation in desired vs. actual fuel pressure, with regards to engine RPM. If the variation is too much, the rail pressure control valve is faulty, requiring replacement of the injection pump.

I too, am waiting for injection pump replacement for the exact same reasons...

[ 08-11-2002: Message edited by: SoMnDMAX ]</p>

BOOMERHD
08-11-2002, 19:30
PULLINPOWER,

I'm waiting for my new inj. pump to come in so that my service dept. can install it. I brought in some paper fact sheets from this web site on the "lopey idle", and my service tech. spoke to the regional rep., who said don't replace it(due to cost), but they are, because my service tech. is good. He insisted on the replacement, instead of sending me on my way with no fix. I have posted many times here of the quality of my service dept. A good service dept. will keep a studabaker on the road!!!

Good luck!!!

Boomerhd :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

raygreg
08-12-2002, 17:48
I have a little over 20000 miles on my 2001 and lately have what I can only describe as a "surging" idle, rather then a "lopey" idle. The "lopey" idle seemed to occure with the engine cold, the "surging" idle occures when the engine is at running temperature. It does not do it all the time, but is becoming more frequent. Fuel filter was changed about 3000 miles ago Does this sound like an injector pump to you.??

pullinpower
08-12-2002, 20:24
Yea my dealer called today and wanted me to bring in my stock airbox to put back on it to see if that changes anything,he said moisture could be getting in there and causing the lope. :mad:

SoMnDMAX
08-12-2002, 23:36
Raygreg, I would venture to say yes. It'll get worse.. Mine started about 20K, and now at 23K, the problem is more evident, but still intermittant enough to complicate an exact diagnosis.

PullinPower, and so it begins, huh?? :mad: :(