PDA

View Full Version : Truck stalling in reverse

DMAXED
02-01-2004, 19:10
I was towing four snowmobiles for about 200 miles when we got to the camp I put it in 4wd and went to back up and the truck stalled, it did this six times before I could back up and it has not done it since has this happend to anyone else.

VA_Dmax
02-02-2004, 02:58
Dont know if this is the answer, but it could have been that it took a little longer than usual to engage the 4wd. If you shifted in while you were stopped and then tried to reverse it may not have engaged right away. It seems like mine likes to be engaged while Im making at least a little forward progress.

DMAXED
02-02-2004, 17:25
It did the same thing in 2wd and 4wd.

VA_Dmax
02-03-2004, 17:53
Ok guess I cant help there, I know on mine if Im sitting still and have the front wheels turned and shift into 4wd. It doesnt want to go forward or reverse real well until you hear the 4wd engage. But if it was doing it in 2wd and 4wd I really dont know. Dont know if that NSBU switch everybody talks about having problems with would cause that? Good luck.

DMAXED
02-13-2004, 06:18
I am going to tow the same setup this weekend, if it happens again I will have to take a trip to the dealer, my warranty is almost up there might be some tranny updates.

cmadmaxman
02-13-2004, 13:07
There should be an update for the 4x4 issue on the 01 models. I had it done with mine and your truck might not have it done yet. Like you said, best get to the dealer and have your up-dates looked at!