PDA

View Full Version : Quadzilla programmer not programming??

timssilverchevy2003
10-26-2004, 09:44
Has anyone else experienced problems tuning their 2003 Duramax with the Quadzilla towing programmer?
I have tried to reprogram and have had the unit lock up on me. Every time it goes to unlock the PCM, it locks up!!
I've got the LT 4x4 with CC, XM satellite, onstar.
I contacted Quadzilla directly and tried pulling some fuses to no avail. They say it may be a problem with the PCM, and to check with the dealer to see if they could reflash the module- of course without disclosing any information on trying to tune it with an aftermarket tuner...
Frustrated

More Power
10-26-2004, 14:43
I've used both the Predator and Bully Dog programmer. They each mention that you will need to pull the OnStar fuses and close the doors to prevent any computer activity while the programmer is being used.

On our Duramax project truck, I don't have the OEM HVAC control module nor the electronic 4W ABS module (EBCM). The programmers apparently look for these items during the process of storing then uploading a revised program. I get around the problem by cycling the ign key a couple more times than is specified during the process.

I'm mentioning this to illustrate that there might be some other issue going on with your truck that isn't quite what the programmer expects. If Quad won't take back the unit for testing, you may need to visit the dealer, and have them evaluate the ECM, TCM, BCM, TCCM, EBCM, etc.

Is this a new Quad, or has it been used on another truck?

MP

Kennedy
10-27-2004, 06:08
Pulkling the radio and radio amp fuses should do it. It's not very often that an error like this occurs, and I hate to say it, it generally isn't the tuner...

timssilverchevy2003
10-27-2004, 10:10
Quad had the tuner back for an upgrade, Version 1.2. I had the tech support guy on the line as well and we went through everything step by step. Couldn't find anything that would be related to operator error...

...But I'll try it again.

Kennedy
10-27-2004, 10:19
How many fuses did you pull?

If there is activity on the data bus, it will give the tuner fits. Any aftermarket stereo/audio/security etc should be disabled.

timssilverchevy2003
10-27-2004, 12:07
I pulled the radio, info, tbc ign1, and tbc batt

I have all stock stereo- the Bose system.

timssilverchevy2003
10-27-2004, 12:20
I just tried it again- this time with all the fuses in, the radio off, and the headlights in the off position. It programmed no problem. Thanks for the advice!!